You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Rakesh Ranjan

Dr. Ranjan is an exceptional psychiatrist, I've been seeing him for 20-plus years....it's just that his practice has grown exponentially over the years and some of the staff he has hired have been sub-par....it is getting better, at least at the Garfield Hts location. LOL, if I didn't like him so much I would have left to pursue another doctor long ago.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

The worst experiences I've had at a Drs. Office in my life. Staff is rude and very unprofessional. Ranjan is cold , insensitive and preoccupied. Hated being there.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have been a patient at the Medina office as well as the Garfield location for several years and no longer will be using their services. I NEVER get to see Dr. Ranjan himself as I've requested numerous times. Their main receptionist is extremely rude !! Ive waited as long as 2 hours past my appoi8ntment time to be seen. My meds either have been abruptly stopped or refills delayed being called in to my pharmacy leaving me without medication. Very sorry to say that this IS NOT A GOOD OR STABLE PRACTICE TO RECEIVE CARE. Save yourself a wasted trip, try another doctor..

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Been a patient there for 7 years now. maybe saw the dr once. always have to wait atleast an hour to see a nurse practitioner that doesnt even listen to you. they are so inconsideret there & he just cares about money.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I made an app for this Dr as he is listed that he takes my insurance as a psychiatrist in my area. When I arrived on time for my first app 15mins early i was told they tell new people an app time earlier than what it really is to get them in even earlier. I ended waiting for a while as they were running behind as it was. I quickly learned that this place's business is from drug addiction treatment. As I waited, a guy at the counter was freaking out because he was on medication for months and the dr suddenly cut him off and he was angry no one would tell him what kind of side effects he would experience from stopping abruptly. That should have clued me in that this was not a good place. The receptionist is nice and you can tell shes overworked and stressed. There also a guy receptionist who is friendly. Other than that, it seems the rest of the staff are accustomed to working with troubled addicts. Very short tempered and unhelpful. I was finally seen by an indian woman who i had a difficult time understanding through her accent. When I was asked something and i asked to repeat herself, she got noticeably irritated and short with me. When I would anwser her questions, I would get cut off repeatingly. If I would try to talk about something, she wouldnt listen or acknowledge what I was saying. Very impersonal. At no time did I actually see the Dr. She prescibed me the medication after calling Dr on the phone and telling him what she was doing. I was given an RX and then given a couple papers to sign that were poor photo copies i couldnt read. When I askd what some of the words said, she told me to go in waiting room to read it ans she'll call me back in after she had seen the next patient. I wanted to know what I was signing and she said it was saying I was given paperwork informationon about the prescription I was given. Problem was, she didnt at first and then said she could read the info to me. I wanted the peperwork and that caused her to get impatient with me and appeared annoyed that she had to find a copy of the prescription info. Then lthe other paper was the office paperwork waiver that I would do my best to deal with my "mental illness" and agree with treatment provided by the Dr. I wasnt comfortable signing something stating I had a mental illness when my appointment was for only "ADHD". When asked about the wording of the paper, she again appeared annoyed and summed up the paper by saying its just stating I agreed with taking the medication she prescribed. If you go to this Dr, watch and read what you sign as it does become part of your medical record which ill be available to other Dr's electronically. This place may be good for people recovering from addictions, but if you are looking for a personable Dr who will listen to you for other concerns, you may want to look elsewhere. I will give the medication i was prescibed a try, however I will be looking for a better establishment.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr ranjans for six months in the suboxone program in mentor he's mean rude and this week just discharged me and cut me off for no reason they're very unprofessional they won't even call me back!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Very rude and unprofessional. Kept leaving the room and answering his cell phone during my appointment. Then the student wrote my prescription wrong and after many many calls between myself and pharmacy cannot get a hold of him to fix it. Please stay away from this place! You do not have to be treated this way!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Never see this doctor. Dismisses concerns about medications, not knowledgeable and arrogant.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Rakesh Ranjan's Credentials

• Rajendra Med Coll, Ranchi Univ, Ranchi, Bihar, India (Grad. 1985)

Assurant
Kaiser-Permanente
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ranjan is an exceptional psychiatrist, I've been seeing him for 20-plus years....it's just that his practice has grown exponentially over the years and some..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The worst experiences I've had at a Drs. Office in my life. Staff is rude and very unprofessional. Ranjan is cold , insensitive and preoccupied. Hated being th..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient at the Medina office as well as the Garfield location for several years and no longer will be using their services. I NEVER get to see Dr...."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Been a patient there for 7 years now. maybe saw the dr once. always have to wait atleast an hour to see a nurse practitioner that doesnt even listen to you. the..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor I've seen in my life save yourself the aggravation and do not waste your money or time!!!!b"

January 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I made an app for this Dr as he is listed that he takes my insurance as a psychiatrist in my area. When I arrived on time for my first app 15mins early i was to..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST DOCTOR I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE. HE'S FORTUNATE THAT HE HASN'T KILLED SOMEONE YET."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr ranjans for six months in the suboxone program in mentor he's mean rude and this week just discharged me and cut me off for no reason ..."

September 24, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=25868'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.8

February 5, 2014