Ratings for Dr. Rakesh Ranjan

listen this doctor is the only doctor that gave me a second chance after I relapse hes vary compashinate and takes his work seriouseley I'm sorry that u people feel this way twords him but just because hes seriouse and don't mess around and fool around and smile every second of the day don't mean all this stuff ur all are talking u all are so rude and dr ranjan is a seriously good doctor that don't take irrsponsabilty from no one and if u were discharged it was for a vary good reason now u all get a life and stop talking all this mess.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Ranjan has been a tremendous help in my life. A friend referred me to him and I am so grateful. I have struggled for so many years and nothing seemed to help until I started to see Dr. Ranjan. I will be eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

My appointment was at 10:45 which I was on time for. I had planned on going into work after my appointment but that wasn't going to happen! I heard some of the other patients complaining they had been there for hours. About an hour into my wait, I asked the receptionist about how much longer and she told me about 30 minutes. Another hour went by. Then we heard that the Dr. had left and there was someone else who we could talk to about refills on my medication. Another hour passed and I asked the receptionist who told me there was another person ahead of me. At this point, about 4 patients walked out from their wait time. I asked the receptionist if the person that was there would be able to write a prescription and she told me as she was stuffing her face with grapes, that she can write them, just not sign them so I'd have to come back. At 1 pm, I left having to switch my days off. Unprofessional, rude and no respect for their patients time.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Ranjan is an exceptional psychiatrist, I've been seeing him for 20-plus years....it's just that his practice has grown exponentially over the years and some of the staff he has hired have been sub-par....it is getting better, at least at the Garfield Hts location. LOL, if I didn't like him so much I would have left to pursue another doctor long ago.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

The worst experiences I've had at a Drs. Office in my life. Staff is rude and very unprofessional. Ranjan is cold , insensitive and preoccupied. Hated being there.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have been a patient at the Medina office as well as the Garfield location for several years and no longer will be using their services. I NEVER get to see Dr. Ranjan himself as I've requested numerous times. Their main receptionist is extremely rude !! Ive waited as long as 2 hours past my appoi8ntment time to be seen. My meds either have been abruptly stopped or refills delayed being called in to my pharmacy leaving me without medication. Very sorry to say that this IS NOT A GOOD OR STABLE PRACTICE TO RECEIVE CARE. Save yourself a wasted trip, try another doctor..

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Been a patient there for 7 years now. maybe saw the dr once. always have to wait atleast an hour to see a nurse practitioner that doesnt even listen to you. they are so inconsideret there & he just cares about money.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I made an app for this Dr as he is listed that he takes my insurance as a psychiatrist in my area. When I arrived on time for my first app 15mins early i was told they tell new people an app time earlier than what it really is to get them in even earlier. I ended waiting for a while as they were running behind as it was. I quickly learned that this place's business is from drug addiction treatment. As I waited, a guy at the counter was freaking out because he was on medication for months and the dr suddenly cut him off and he was angry no one would tell him what kind of side effects he would experience from stopping abruptly. That should have clued me in that this was not a good place. The receptionist is nice and you can tell shes overworked and stressed. There also a guy receptionist who is friendly. Other than that, it seems the rest of the staff are accustomed to working with troubled addicts. Very short tempered and unhelpful. I was finally seen by an indian woman who i had a difficult time understanding through her accent. When I was asked something and i asked to repeat herself, she got noticeably irritated and short with me. When I would anwser her questions, I would get cut off repeatingly. If I would try to talk about something, she wouldnt listen or acknowledge what I was saying. Very impersonal. At no time did I actually see the Dr. She prescibed me the medication after calling Dr on the phone and telling him what she was doing. I was given an RX and then given a couple papers to sign that were poor photo copies i couldnt read. When I askd what some of the words said, she told me to go in waiting room to read it ans she'll call me back in after she had seen the next patient. I wanted to know what I was signing and she said it was saying I was given paperwork informationon about the prescription I was given. Problem was, she didnt at first and then said she could read the info to me. I wanted the peperwork and that caused her to get impatient with me and appeared annoyed that she had to find a copy of the prescription info. Then lthe other paper was the office paperwork waiver that I would do my best to deal with my "mental illness" and agree with treatment provided by the Dr. I wasnt comfortable signing something stating I had a mental illness when my appointment was for only "ADHD". When asked about the wording of the paper, she again appeared annoyed and summed up the paper by saying its just stating I agreed with taking the medication she prescribed. If you go to this Dr, watch and read what you sign as it does become part of your medical record which ill be available to other Dr's electronically. This place may be good for people recovering from addictions, but if you are looking for a personable Dr who will listen to you for other concerns, you may want to look elsewhere. I will give the medication i was prescibed a try, however I will be looking for a better establishment.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Rakesh Ranjan's Credentials

• Rajendra Med Coll, Ranchi Univ, Ranchi, Bihar, India (Grad. 1985)

Assurant
Kaiser-Permanente
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "listen this doctor is the only doctor that gave me a second chance after I relapse hes vary compashinate and takes his work seriouseley I'm sorry that u people ..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ranjan has been a tremendous help in my life. A friend referred me to him and I am so grateful. I have struggled for so many years and nothing seemed to h..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My appointment was at 10:45 which I was on time for. I had planned on going into work after my appointment but that wasn't going to happen! I heard some of th..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ranjan is an exceptional psychiatrist, I've been seeing him for 20-plus years....it's just that his practice has grown exponentially over the years and some..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The worst experiences I've had at a Drs. Office in my life. Staff is rude and very unprofessional. Ranjan is cold , insensitive and preoccupied. Hated being th..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient at the Medina office as well as the Garfield location for several years and no longer will be using their services. I NEVER get to see Dr...."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Been a patient there for 7 years now. maybe saw the dr once. always have to wait atleast an hour to see a nurse practitioner that doesnt even listen to you. the..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor I've seen in my life save yourself the aggravation and do not waste your money or time!!!!b"

January 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I made an app for this Dr as he is listed that he takes my insurance as a psychiatrist in my area. When I arrived on time for my first app 15mins early i was to..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST DOCTOR I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE. HE'S FORTUNATE THAT HE HASN'T KILLED SOMEONE YET."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr ranjans for six months in the suboxone program in mentor he's mean rude and this week just discharged me and cut me off for no reason ..."

September 24, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=25868'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.8

February 5, 2014