Dr. Medhavi Jogi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Medhavi Jogi

Dr Jogi took his time to understand my symptoms and come up with plan

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

Dr Jogi is thorough, knowledgeable, and provides thoughtful advice. The patient website is very helpful for contact with the office and scheduling.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

I had an 820am appt and they got me in and out super fast. Very little waiting and the Dr is very friendly

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

I cannot day enough good things about Dr Jogi!!! He had helped me turn my health around and kept me at consistent levels since then. I am so grateful to him!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

Dr. Jogi is spot on with everything. Listens and at the same time reiterates time and again the importance of weight, diet and exercise for diabetes control. Always finds alternate plans to meet the goals if the current one does not work.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

Dr. Jogi is very personable and has helped me through diet instruction and his expertise to help reverse possible early stage symptoms of diabetes. You have to do the work, but through a plan Dr. Jogi was able to help me.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Dr. Jogi is the best. He is patient, funny, caring and honest.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2019

Dr. medhavi gave straight up medical facts that clarified my health at present. He is to the point, no nonsense kind of doctor-I love that! He will not waste your time or money; he can’t, he has patients waiting behind you.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

Saw this doctor 2x. Told me the first time to buy a book and read about type 2 treatment. Had a 2nd appt w him, I referenced the book and he acted like he’d never read it. They set me up w a nutritionist who I spoke to one time and was not helpful so I never followed up w her. Didn’t hear from the office for 6m+ then received a letter that I was terminated as a patient. Which to me clearly means this guy just looks to ring you up w multiple doctors appointments while offering nothing of any real substance.

Submitted May 13, 2019

I travel from North Texas to see this doctor after my local doctor left the medical field altogether in 2014. I've been a patient of Dr. Medhavi Jogi's since then. I am not a diabetic. My endocrine disorder is caused by a damaged pituitary gland due to surgery and brain radiation for a tumor on my pituitary gland. At the time I started going to Jogi, my pituitary function was working fine. I also have nodules on my thyroid, so I needed a doctor that could determine whether my problems would be pituitary or thyroid related. As time when on, my pituitary function deteriorated. Dr. Jogi was thorough in looking for cause of symptoms and listened very well to my complaints. He began to order replacement hormone once it was proven I needed it. My health has improved greatly on account of this doctor! I believe he is worth the drive and time. His office it clean and the staff is friendly. While waiting to be called back for my last appointment I observed a patient struggling with how to work the check-in kiosk. The front office went out of their way to help them get through the process. Friendly, warm conversation accompanied the help. The patient portal communication with this office is effective and I usually receive a response in appropriate time. Highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2019

Dr. Medhavi Jogi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jogi is a true native Texan, having been born in Austin and attending the University of Texas for his undergraduate education. He completed his medical training at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine in Houston spending the last several years of training actively involved in academic research, publishing several well-received papers and a textbook chapter as well as winning numerous academic awards. His current interests include general endocrinology and managing all forms of thyroid disease by offering the newest techniques and using up-to-date research which was developed while training at the world-renowned MD Anderson Hospital. He also has specialty training in the management of diseases of the pituitary, pancreas, bone, ovaries/gonads as well as adrenal glands. He is double board certified and an active member of numerous national endocrinology societies including the American Thyroid Association, American College of Clinical Endocrinologists, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society and the American College of Physicians. Dr. Jogi also is involved in several other medical ventures. He is the chief medical officer for PrescribeWell, an online physician-centric health management system. He is also the medical editor of the website HoustonEndocrine.com. He spends his time taking care of his children and his wife, a successful Houston dermatologist. He is well-recognized by his patients for having a amiable disposition and a warm bed-side manner which is most noticeable in the care he takes to explain every aspect of their disease and treatment.

• English

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
  • Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
  • Thyroid nodules