Ratings for Dr. Thomas D. Margulies

Self centered. Would allow me to explain me medical problem. Pill pusher. I won't go back.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Margulies for almost 10 years now, seeing him several times a year to monitor my almost-diabetes and keep it in the almost range. He agreed with my initial resolve, when I was actually over the line in blood sugar, to resolve this with diet and exercise. I'm 70 and also have arthritis and fibromyalgia. Dr Margolies took over the anti-depressant prescription (helps with fm pain) when my psychiatrist retired. He's kind, listens, gives me as much time as I wish, has referred me for tests or specialists twice when I had symptoms that might have been serious. He is open to working with me as in the case of the diabetes, rather than insisting on prescribing. Sensible, knowledgeable. (I cannot believe that the 2 people who had negative experiences were seeing the same person!) His staff is good and efficient, and the schedulers do not over-schedule him which causes a doctor to feel time pressure. Thoroughly satisfied & recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Self centered and rude. Talked over me, told me I should not be taking the medicines prescribed to me by my cardiologist, lectured me in fact about how terrible cardiologists are about giving patients meds they don't need. Refused to even work with my cardiologist. Spent most of his time with me telling me nonsence about himself. Wanted to know if I purchased my home. that guy! He refused to allow me to explain my symptoms, then abruptly said that I should schedule an appointment (mind you, I was in his office because I had a scheduled appointment) then hdashed out of the room and ran outside. There is something wrong with that man. I will never go back!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I have seen Dr. Tom several times over the past year and the visits were both enjoyable and helpful. During one visit he had to give me a cortisone shot and he made the experience as easy on me as possible. I like that he is lighthearted and jokes with this patients. This made me feel comfortable and at ease. His staff makes me feel like a friend, they go out of their way to meet my needs. I have sent several family members and friends to him and will continue to do so. You would be lucky to have him as your health care provider!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

listens very well ..very kind and caring ..one of the best doctors I have ever seen ..If he does not know something, he will tell you he does not and find out for you. I also take my mother to him and he is very good with elderly. I love he is human ..admits he does not know everything and his joking to ease the tension :)

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Selfcentered,rude,appauling,cares nothing about the people he is there to serve! He is not at all like the image that is on line!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

horrible bedside mannerp does not listen to patients, talks over them. He is rude. Not worth the visit. Would not work with the VA, nor accept VA patients. Dr. want to be sole PCP. What happened to collaborative efforts?

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

He is one the the best doctors I have seen. He is intelligent, thorough, and a good diagnostician. I recommend him to everyone I know. He is no-nonsense.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Thomas D. Margulies's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Wellpoint