Ratings for Dr. Hemanjani Gonchigar

Dr. Gonchigar is terrible. She does not care about her patients.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Im so happy to have met this doctor. She is so gentle and competent

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

She was kind and helped me during a rough time in my life.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

This doctor is good and helped us through a hard time with my sons depression.I am so thankful to her.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

My son was also at Potomac Ridge and Dr. G, as she is know, is frequently calling my ex wife about my son's care when he is living with me. Because I am not called, I don't have the chance to ask the pertinent questions of Dr. G. about my son's care. I do not recommend her as a psychiatrist at all as far as communication goes. Also, my son said that she is not well liked amongst the kids there.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Three wks. ago, Dr. Gonchigar treated my 17 year old daughter at Potomac Ridge Hospital.Dr. G. diagnosed my daughter with Bi-Polar disorder.Prescribed Lamictal.Upon discharge, Dr. needed date for follow-up appointment with another psychiatris-it was given.I chose the psychiatrist currently treating my autistic son, because she is the most knowledgeable about our family dynamic.Doctor G.did not prescribe enough medication to get my daughter through until the date of her next appointment(15 biz days after discharge)-in fact,she verbally told my daughter(not me)to up her dosage to 75 mgs.I called the Dr. for a solid week to advise her that my daughter did not have enough medication, she didn't return my calls until TODAY(Friday).She refuses to call in enough meds to get my daughter to her next appt(4 days from now)unless I see her.Cant leave my job TODAY (single mom)to go up there.Daughter will suddenly go off meds tomorrow and dr. says there's nothing she can do.Terrified for my kid!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

She used unorthodox methods on my daughter in order to heavily medicate a normal teen that needed psychotherapy not medication.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010