Ratings for Dr. Jane W. CHIEN-BLENNEMANN

I've been a patient of Dr. Chien's for many years and I find her to be very helpful - I'm rarely left waiting and she makes good use of the time spent with me. She listens, answers all my questions, and I feel she is accurate with the information she provides, and I'm in and outta there quickly without feeling rushed.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Jane Chien is the absolute worst example of today’s medical profession. She is completely ignorant in dealing with the special needs of her patients and is absolutely arrogant towards family members trying to explain and steward the healthcare needs of their incapacitated relatives. Chien’s brazen lack of compassion for her patients and the supporting family is beyond all comprehension and I have never encountered this level of callousness from any other practicing Physician. Chien is no longer tending our family’s healthcare needs. I made this decision for numerous reasons, but the last straw was due to her inability to correct my Coumadin INR levels after four months of repeated testing with only sporadic changes in the medication dosage. I went to the Heart Associates Coumadin Clinic and they had my INR levels back into a normal range in just five days and have kept it under control ever since. Is Chien incompetent or just uninterested in her patient’s welfare? You decide, either way, it is the patient who suffers the consequences.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Chien for a few years now, and I agree completely with the previous ratings. She is cold, not helpful and has been rude a few times. She rushes you in for an appointment, types on her computer-giving you little eye contact and she rushes you out. I rarely call for the office, but when I do, I rarely get my call returned. I'm currently looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

I wasn't a bit surprised to see the ratings for Dr. Chien. I stopped seeing her for all the reasons that all the previous respondents reported. I have never met or been seen by a more cold uncompassionate human being ever! She should go back to the science field where there is no human contact. She has no respect for the common person and treats them like they are unintelligent and unworthy of her attention. The staff are even worse!! They need to see these responses although I don't think they will try to make it better.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Dr. Chien is very uncompassionate, cold and doesn't treat you like a human being. I was in shock after my first visit and thought what the heck? She was rude, and couldn't answer any of my questions. She would always say.. well did u ask the specialist? What did he say? And the questions she did answer made me lose confidence in her... as it seemed like she was pulling at straws... and trying to hide the fact that she just didn't know the answer... She needs to take a course on communication and bedside manner. She never says hello or goodbye. She just walks in, and starts typing on her computer. On the first visit, she made eye contact with me a whole 5-6 times. Not recommended AT ALL!!! Do not go to her!! She really give doctor's a bad name.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

The whole office is very unprofessional and unfriendly. Calls never get returned in a timely manner. I went to the ER and the ER doctor called and spoke to Dr. Chien and told her that I needed more procedures and needed to be seen from her. The office never called to set something up nor did they return my phone call. And guess what? Dr. Chien left on vacation!!!! Today, I showed up for my appointment and found out that it had been cancelled and I was never notified!!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

felt like she just wanted to finish the exam as quickly as possible. she also gave me an incorrect prescription.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

I definitely agree that she is disrespectful and unprofessional. I've never met another doctor with so little compassion for her patient. Very rude doctor and office staff is not helpful either.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

My husband and I have used Dr. Chien for a couple years but we are thoroughly disgusted with her attitude. She doesn't talk to you like a doctor--she sits there and types away on her little laptop, asking questions and barely responding. Her undergrad studies were engineering--you can tell. She has no compassion. All she can do is type in info and spit out a diagnosis. We are looking for another primary care physician.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2006

Dr. Jane W. CHIEN-BLENNEMANN's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)