Ratings for Dr. Marienelle Banez

We see a different dr in the practice for my children but he was unavailable. My 3 yr old daughter fell out of a shopping cart onto her head. She was nauseous and sleepy so we saw Dr Banez - she was so rude- asked my daughter where it hurt- she said her tummy didn't feel good. Dr Ordered a stomach X-ray and said- she must be constipated?!?! What part of she fell on her head didn't make sense? We ended up in the er that night confirming a concussion. Dr was rude and way off base.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I am very purplexed with the mixed reviews. I have been taking my daughter to Dr. Banez since she was born - she is 5 now. I interviewed about 5 doctors during the last several month of my pregnancy so I really had some time on my hands to meet and speak with each one. Dr. Banez has been nothing but personalable, knowledgable, punctual and great with my daughter. I have recommended her to several co-workers. Also any time we needed to get my daughter in because of a bad cough or fever that hadn't lowered, her staff would call me if there was a cancellation or rescheduling. My rating is excellent because she has been consistent the last 5 years with my family.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Switching doctors today- Dr. Banez refuses to listen at all to any type of parental input. She will lecture the parent- very condescending and rude. Actually say's in front of the child- " oh- this type of immunization really hurts --Yeah- that might be true but I don't agree with creating fear when a child is already anxious about a shot- We had a discussion about kidney stones because my child has a possibilty -unknown cause of bleeding- and she said again in front of the child- "well I hope it's not that because those really hurt" Who does that..She refused to do blood work or an ultrasound on my daughter who had had blood in her urine for 11 days and testing negative for an UTI...I took my daughter this morning and paid to go to the emergency room today to get the tests done and a referral to a specialist. Communication with her is virtually impossible...AND she always corrects my daughters posture and tells her "to sit up straight" when my daughter has danced and done gymnastics for 5 years and has great posture- yeah- she might slouch when she has back pain...ugghhh...

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I took my son to see Dr Banez and she made him feel very comfortable. She was very informative and helpful and gave me suggestions on an issue he is dealing with. I felt like she genuinely cared for what was best for him. She really listened and I didn't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

I've read some really negative things and I'm super surprised. I actually used to see a different ped in that office and switched after seeing Dr. Banez saw us in an emergency. I loved her. Wait time is short, she's great with my kids. Very proactive. Very direct and to the point. I have never had a visit with her that didn't go smooth. I interviewed several dr's for my girls. After losing a child just under a year old, I knew exactly what I needed in a dr. She's been great! I will continue to use her until my kids are too old.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I wish I could give her a zero. I am not at all surprised that she has 100% negative reviews here. I assume the only way she could ever land a patient is that she is the default pediatrician at St. Jude and if you haven't picked a ped yet, or like me, if your ped doesn't go to St. Jude, then she is assigned to your baby. I think a lot of people just find it easier to stick with her than do any research. She is TERRIBLE. RUDE, CONDESCENDING, IMPATIENT. She actually yelled at me for asking her a question! Can you imagine having a ped you're afraid to ask questions of? When I had my first child at St. Jude, the ped was wonderful and did detailed examinations of my baby, telling me what he was doing each step of the way. I felt comfortable and in good hands. This woman just came in, unswaddled my baby, briefly stuck a stethoscope on her and left. Her response to a question about the hearing test was "I don't know, if she passed it, she passed it". At least that time she didn't yell at me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Banez was so condescending to me and dismissed me when I suggested a possibility of a bacterial infection. So rude. Didn't explain anytihng.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

The nurses don't call you back and wait time is long

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Marienelle Banez's Credentials

• French

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Yorba Linda, CA