Ratings for Dr. Mahmood Jahromi

He takes time to listen and is Competent &.Compationate. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Everyone was nice and professional. Especially Michelle she was great

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

This man was concerned about one thing....and it certainly wasn't me. He spent an entire session threatening me to get a physical or he wouldn't see me. Asking politely would have been sufficient. I lost my scrip. Two weeks later, I'm out and despite four calls, he still hasn't called it in. I'm filing a complaint. He needs to start caring more about his patients and less about covering his legal tookus.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I found this doctor to be very warm and caring. He was always professional. However, being a woman, I found it hard to get him to identify with me. Perhaps it is because he is of another culture. I know he is very good with young people and is well respected in his practice.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

It's been a little over a year since I last saw Dr. Jahromi. I had been going to him for about 6 years. What a waste of six years it was. I trusted him because I didn't know better and because I thought his level of care was average. It is not. He was usually pleasant enough but he was not proactive in treating me. Appts with him lasted about 5 minutes (sometimes 10 but rarely) so he could not have had the time to assess me properly. He was dismissive and forgetful. Being 18 when I started to see him, I didn't have the experience to say that he was helping with my condition. I spent 6 years thinking I was just hard to treat or maybe I was making up symptoms. Finally I listened to my lab partner and began seeing a new psychiatrist. After receiving proper care, I am so much better. Please please please look for other psychiatrists than Dr. Jahromi. You will waste time and money with him instead of getting the proper treatment for your mental health.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

Any concern by the patient that medication may be insufficient or ineffective is disregarded unless the patient presses and forces the issue. He is very hard to get in touch with in the event of an emergency. He uses a portable electronic device to send prescriptions to pharmacies. A good portion of the time this device does not work, leaving the patient without medication refills. Days can go by with no response to voicemail messages left with the doctor. As a last resort, using his "emergency" line may seem like the only sure way to get in contact with him. If you need to take medication regularly, do not depend on this doctor to ensure that prescriptions are sent accurately to the pharmacy when using his portable electronic device. If a mistake is made on his part, little to no action is taken to correct it. If contact is made by phone to him directly for an issue such as a medication needing to be refilled he is abrupt and rude with the patient.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Dr. Mahmood Jahromi's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1982)