Ratings for Dr. Barrett R. Tolley

Great Dr. even better support staff. Especially the assistants, so friendly and answered every question I had perfectly. I highly recommend this office!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Tolley and his staff are wonderful. I have always received a call back and never had any problems. Dr. Tolley has a very busy practice. Years ago, people were patient and understood delays. Nowadays due to email and texting most people expect a call back immediately. Most doctors offices do not have the staff to offer immediate answers. Patients need to have patience and be understanding., I find Dr. Tolley quite brilliant and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Barrett R. Tolley's response
Patient care is our top priority; Thank for choosing OFSC of Tallahassee for you oral care needs.

Submitted February 9, 2017

Don't even bother. Dr. Tolley's staff is rude, lazy and dishonest. I spent one month calling 3 times a week just to get someone to finally give me an appointment.They put me off, lied to me and stonewalled every single attempt for me to get the surgery I need. I wish I had decided the first time they screwed me over to go to a different doctor. Save your sanity and go to a different doctor who will actually be accessible. People shouldn't feel like they have to beg the office staff to just get a face to face appointment.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Barrett R. Tolley's response
I apologize that your experience was so bad. We would like to have an opportunity to make it right. Please call our office and ask for Amber Ailstock.

Submitted December 16, 2016

Where to begin? Patient with Dr Tolley for over a year preparing for maxillofacial surgery. Receptionist is rude to the point of condescending. It is a revolving door with doctor's assistants. Each one seems to be worse than the last. No one ever returns a phone call. Scheduled for surgery twice but both cancelled because doctors office couldn't seem to fill out the necessary paperwork for authorization to insurance. Dr Tolley might be a good doctor but I'll never know because his support staff don't do their jobs. Looking for a new doctor to take over my care.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Barrett R. Tolley's response
I apologize for the administrative staff's behavior. We have experienced high turnover in our support staff and believe that we now have a complete team eager to help. We would like to have an opportunity to make it right. Please call our office and ask for Amber Ailstock.

Submitted December 16, 2016

I had two extractions. I was charged twice as much as Dr. Bryan's office. I had asked a couple weeks before my surgery for what the insurance was going to cover, and they told me they were short-staffed in that department and wouldn't be able to tell me until the day before. I still haven't gotten a breakdown of the bill and it's been over two weeks since the surgery. I just got a bill for a biopsy done in Gainesville for $200 that they didn't even tell me was going to be done. Two days before my surgery they said they needed another xray, so I went to get it done and it was $200. They were totally not up front about what all needed to be done, and what it was going to cost. Now I have two holes where my gums were in the front of my mouth that are affecting my speech, and food keeps getting caught in them. I was told I'd be shown how to care for it when I went in last week, but after waiting over an hour in the fkn freezing room I was seen for two minutes and not told how to care for these holes where my gums were. He just kinda looked in my mouth and told me to come back in three and a half more weeks. My gums and palatte and front teeth are still numb, that's totally unexpected. I wasn't told no feeling would come back, so hopefully it will. But I am not happy with really anything I have experienced at this place.

Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Tolley hands down has got to be the best oral and maxi facial doctor there is in North Florida. Both my mom and I have been to him numerous times, and have not had any complaints other than he stays pretty busy, and sometimes the wait to get in can be a little long, but that's just because he's that good! We both give him a 5 star rating all day everyday. We love you doc!!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I Love Dr. Tolley and his staff. They were kind, informative, and kept me comfortable during surgery. I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed, and used IV sedation. After surgery I was given two pain pill orders, recovery went well. I had the most pain the 2nd and 3rd day, and minimal swelling. Overall as good of experience as could be expected.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Barrett R. Tolley's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In 1997 Dr. Barrett Tolley earned his undergraduate degree in Biology Magna Cum Laude at Florida State University. Dr. Tolley is a fourth generation graduate of the University of Maryland / Baltimore College of Dental Surgery (The world's first Dental School). He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS) in 2002. Following dental school Dr. Tolley moved on to Jacksonville, Florida where he completed a rigorous four (4) year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Florida/Shands Jacksonville. Residents receive extensive training in all aspects of contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including Maxillofacial Trauma/Reconstruction, Head and Neck Oncology/Pathology, Temporomandibular Joint Surgery, Dental Implant Surgery, Facial Aesthetic Surgery, Traditional Oral Surgery, and IV Sedation/General Anesthesia. UF/Shands Jacksonville is also a Level I Trauma Center. Residents are exposed and trained in the art and care of the Maxillofacial Trauma Patient. Following his residency, Dr. Tolley completed a one (1) year associate position in Lakeland, Florida and then made the decision to open a practice in Tallahassee. The development of the trauma center at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital was pivotal in Dr. Tolley’s decision to return to the Tallahassee area. His kinship with FSU also encouraged his return to the state’s capital. In 2007 with the support of Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Dr. Tolley founded the Oral and Facial Surgery Center of Tallahassee. Dr. Tolley is Chairman of the Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery at TMH and an active member of the trauma team, participating in all aspects of facial trauma care. His current practice is full scope with particular interests in Maxillofacial Trauma, Orthognathic Surgery, as well as Facial Reconstruction. Dr. Tolley also maintains a busy traditional oral surgery practice with an emphasis on Dentoalveolar Surgery, Dental Implants, and IV sedation/anesthesia. When not practicing Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Tolley enjoys hunting, fishing, boating, classic cars, and spending quality time with family.

• English

• Florida State University (Grad. 1997)
  • University of Maryland (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 2006)

• Wisdom tooth extraction