Ratings for Dr. Douglas Politz

Dr. Politz visited me soon after I was admitted. He was very willing to answer all of my questions and explained the procedure and recovery to me and my family. I appreciated his time and patience. I am from Fairmont, WV and glad I mayde the trip! Feeling great, have more energy.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Politz and Dr. Boone from the Norman Parathyroid Center removed my parathyroid adenoma about a month ago. I traveled from north Georgia to see them. I found my experience with primary hyperparathyroidism unlike any other health issue I have ever had. After the initial diagnosis by my primary care physician based on my calcium levels and my PTH, I stumbled on the parathyroid.com website and read every page on it and watched almost every video at least twice. It made so much sense. When I had my bone scan and learned I have osteopenia, I could not see the sense in waiting any more. I did not even bother with seeing a local endocrinologist -- a waste of time and money as I saw it. I already knew what I had and what the cure was--removing the adenoma(s). These surgeons are unique: it's true you can have your problem cured in one visit (great for if you must travel across the country), and they call you before and after your surgery. They even give you their cell phone numbers so you can be confident you can contact them if you have a problem afterward. I have seen family members in the hospital who have been unable to get a hold of their doctors even with the nurses' help. These doctors are the best; you can know you will receive the best care possible in their hands.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Politz and the staff at the Norman Parathyroid Center. They provided exceptional, high quality care in treating my parathyroid disease. I was highly impressed with their website and the processes they use in arranging consults and surgeries. They are definitely warriors in the field of parathyroid disease! I am spreading the word!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Politz and his staff were exceptional in the way they handled my parathryoid disease diagnosis, scheduling, and ultimately the surgery. I choose his office based on reviews on I read and would recommend him to anyone. I traveled from Minneapolis because I trust him and his staff so much. Thank you !!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015