Ratings for Dr. Karina Redko

I had to select two negatives so I can explain . I was told by this very knowledgeable and charming doctor who appears to have a dynamic practice with state-of-the-art equipment, that I needed approximately $9,000 worth of dental work . I broke into tears and sobbed because I had no insurance and absolutely could not afford this tragedy. I was told that I had "pre-cavities." Very convincingly, she showed me what appeared to be dark lines above my fillings. And this was all work that could not wait. I must say I was really confused and suspicious at this point because those 4 teeth had been filled with white porcelain just 2 years prior by an excellent dentist. I agreed to have the work done and started with what I was told was the worst tooth. I walked out of the office with my mouth swollen and battered . During the procedure she must have reiterated her policy 15 times that she does not give pain Meds, so don't even ask. Despite my pain, I sucked it up and went home to consume copious amounts of Alleve. 3 days later I called the office because my mouth was still exceedingly swollen and the crown she installed was killing me. She looked and told me that the tooth was just going to be sensitive for a while or the root might be dying. Wait a minute, when I walked in to the office I had a tooth that was simply needing a crown, now I need a specialist ?! Sensing a huge amount of BS, I go to a different dentist and he says, "you have no "pre-cavities...that's glue....sounds like you've been sold a bill of goods. If I look critically at every patients mouths I can find all kinds of work!" Let's just cut to the chase. I am having the crown replaced that she "made in her office"...the margins are open and that's why it still hurts, 6 months later ...and I don't need $9,000 worth dental work to pay for her uptown practice. Beware!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

The best dentist office there's! I have been with them for 12 years now. Very professional and very good! Highly recommend to everyone!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014