You may also like

Rate Dr. Gerardo P. Sison

Dr. Gerardo P. Sison's Ratings

Dr. Sison certainly seems to like hearing himself speak, but I don't think he heard me speak at all. He took some notes as we talked but, as he referred to his notes, it was obvious he hadn’t paid much attention (i.e., so your depression deepened after your grandmother died...um, no, my mother died; so tell me about any history of addiction in your family....besides my mother, I only have a brother, and he's a drug addict; so, how many brothers and sisters do you have....sigh...). I was prepared in advance - he had my full psychiatric file from my hometown of Ohio. I just wanted him to prescribe what had formerly been prescribed to me. No problem, right? Ha! He only prescribed 25% of the SSRI (Zoloft) that I had been taking for depression (citing that he wants me to slowly work my way back to my original dosage, if it’s necessary…yeah, the dosage that I have been taking for years as it was necessary) and absolutely refused to consider the stimulant (Adderall) that I had been taking along with the SSRI for treatment-resistant depression, even though my former psychiatrist's file was right in front of his face. He intimated that he might consider adding another medication (such as Welbutrin) to the Zoloft if we find that the full dosage of Zoloft that I had been previously been taking doesn’t totally work. I have ZERO desire to start dabbling around trying various medications when I know for a fact what works.
Dr. Sison has that "superior" attitude that one often comes across in the medical field. Some may not perceive this as a fair review, but I've already started from the bottom and worked my way up through the depression tunnel, and I know what works for me. My fault, I guess, for leaving my hometown, but I really thought this guy would get it. Well, $225 and only 25% of my former Zoloft prescription later, I "get" to go back to him in two weeks and give him another $75 in the hopes that I can inch closer to my former dosage of Zoloft. So I guess I have to wait until I get to that dosage before he’ll consider adding some other medication that I’ve never tried before? I am not a happy patient. I'm sure he's fine for someone who has no expectations...perhaps a newbie when it comes to depression or mental health issues? Oh, and a newbie who has plenty of money to spare at that!!!
P.S. – He really dwelled on symptoms of anxiety and OCD, neither of which I have. I’d like to point out to anyone who does go to visit him the fact that he has his very own OCD tic – watch him constantly pull at the front of the collar of his button-down shirt. It’s distracting – especially whilst he’s asking his patient about just such mannersims. THE END.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2903992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Absolutely wonderful doctor! He has been helping me since Sep 2011 with my anxiety and depression. If it wasn't for him I'd be a total wreck. Wonderful medication knowledge. Wonderful staff. Such a great doctor. He prescribed me Celexa and Valium and it totally helped me 100% other depression meds have made me suicidal and Klonopin didn't help made me feel high all day. Highly recommended !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][292782].votes_count ]]