You may also like

I am not usually one to submit reviews however I felt compelled to express my experience with others. My son who is a special needs patient is extremely apprehensive. So much to the point that he is having work done and will need to be put under to achieve this. It is unfortunate that we have to go this route however this is my son and I accept him for who he is. I heard great things about this office and feedback about Dr. Summers and her work with special needs children. I know every experience was different and not every child is the same however Dr. Summers is extremely condescending. I received a bad vibe and felt totally unwelcome from the second we stepped foot in this office. We were unsuccessful in examining my little boy and she seemed pretty annoyed and impatient with his behavior. To add insult to injury, she questioned if I was telling the truth about my son and his willingness to sit with other dentists. Regardless of what others praise, my personal experience was not a pleasant one. After exiting the examining room, we were trying to soothe my son who was clearly traumatized. The front desk receptionist kept on looking over at us as my son was having a meltdown. My son asked to exchange a prize from the office which is given to all patients. When she tried to give it to him, he did not respond. She then rolled her eyes and walked away. Really? This office may be great for some kids, but those with special needs and understand where I am coming from, beware.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

Not only did my child love this office, but I loved it as well. The staff was very accomodating and I found the receptionists to be very helpful when scheduling my child's visit. The hygienist had a nice calming nature and the doctor was terrific with my son. She has the perfect personality for someone dealing with children. I would not hesitate recommending this office to my friends

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

My daughter is extremely nervous and was referred to Dr.Summers by our general dentist who could not complete the necessary dental treatment. On our very first visit, we needed a baby tooth extracted and my nervous child left that appointment smiling. Since that time, we have returned for several more visits for fillings and my daughter is no longer scared. We are so happy to have found Dr. Summers.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

I was nervous about how my child would do. We both had a great experience

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

My kids were nervous about their first visit to the dentist. They had a wonderful experience. From the moment they arrived into the waiting room with the toys and leggo table, they were at ease. Both children were seen at same time in a large joint room. Both hygienists were very patient and explained everything to the boys. Dr. Shari was very thorough and my kids loved her. I am shocked that I was told that they will need braces but as it was explained and why, it makes sense. The kids loved their visit from the tooth fairy doll. I loved that her message to my one child involved giving up sucking his thumb. As a busy mom, I also appreciated that the office staff was going to file my insurance for me. Thanks Dr. Shari and staff for a wonderful experience

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

Office was bright and cheery and the staff was very friendly. The doctor explained everything clearly and took time to answer my questions. My child was very happy with his visit and loved his prizes. He had a great time and I expect his future visits to be as easy as this past visit. I highly recommend this office

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

My two daughters loved their visit with Dr. Shari. The staff was fabulous and my girls loved seeing the tooth fairy. I would highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. Shari L. Summers's Credentials

Delta Dental

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I am not usually one to submit reviews however I felt compelled to express my experience with others. My son who is a special needs patient is extremely apprehe..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great staff, great office. My child had a wonderful first visit and can't wait to go back. Thanks to all."

December 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Not only did my child love this office, but I loved it as well. The staff was very accomodating and I found the receptionists to be very helpful when schedulin..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately, I did not get to see the doctor because the front desk rep was entirely rude and condescending on the first visit."

November 15, 2014
  • First Name changed from "SHARI" to "SHARI L."

October 20, 2013