Ratings for Dr. Lise L. Osvold

After reading the previous comment, I feel that I should share my some of my experiences with Dr. Osvold. I appreciate the punctuality and the knowledge of when I can expect my session to begin and end. I have left appointments without closure at times, but I cannot expect the next person to give up time because of my needs. Dr. Osvold is a knowledgeable individual. She is not warm and fuzzy, but she is able to identify your area of need and offer options that will help if followed. Also, she has many resources to share. Personally, I prefer to work with a professional who is there to help instead of affirming my right to feel sorry for myself. I find Dr. Osvold to be empathetic and encouraging. She listens to my rants and even takes my criticism of her opinions. We then revisit the issues at another session.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

According to her LinkedIn profile, she specializes, "in treating eating disorders in adolscents and adults. I also work with adolescents and adults on other issues, including anxiety, depression, relationships, etc." She was punctual, however, on the flip side she was too punctual. She said her goal is for each session to be EXACTLY 50 minutes, I know this because she told me. When 50 minutes up was she was DONE--even if I was obviously extremely distressed and sobbing uncontrollably. I never got upset when my first therapist ran over his previous appointment; sometimes a few extra minutes with a patient is necessary. I admit she is knowledgeable on eating disorders, However, I did not find her to be compassionate, empathetic or encouraging- important qualities necessary in order to help people suffering from depression. I left most sessions more upset and in worse state of mind than when I arrived. She said things that were hurtful and downright mean. VERY unprofessional! I can't believe I wasted 3 months with her.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014