Ratings for Dr. Christopher Seamone

Knows his stuff, and is good at explaining the problem(s) and what remedies he wants to use and why. He is friendly, and knows his specialty. No concerns there. The HUGE caution is with his answering service. That answering service he uses is terrible, and messages are usually not answered. They are unprofessional, and point blank say they are hired to take messages, nothing more. Other Ophthalmologists like Dr John Dickenson hire an Assistant who does more than write a note that you called. This comes in very handy when prescriptions are running out of refills, because that person starts the ball rolling, or even contacts the Pharmacy with instructions on behalf of the Dr. Dr Seamone's answering service is useless in any instance outside of just letting Dr Seamone know you called. This has caused many problems for me in the past. That and the fact that he always seems to be out of the office on vacation. Bad timing for me I guess.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr, Seamone does an excellent job of explaining technical things in terms that the common person can understand. This does take and can put him behind schedule. But I'd prefer that, than being rushed out and no information. His office staff though needs some customer service training, never return calls, never call when you are overdue for an appointment, always busy and an answering service answers which never gets calls back. Despite that staff issue, use this doctor for your eye problems!! Top notch. The best. Had surgery, fast healing, little soreness.mues not only knowledgable but also skilled with his operations!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Seamone did two cataract operations on me and they went quiet well. Recently though I had a sudden need for eye care and my regular doctor was away, so I called Dr. Seamone's office on the chance he could see me. What I got was a recording saying they only answered the phone during certain hours, and that they did not check recorded messages very quickly. Or at all, it seems as they never got back to me.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr Simone took care of my eyes with the utmost detail and professionalism, he took the time to describe the issue at hand in layman's terms. his staff at the eye clinic at the VG are great as well. giving his extremely busy nature, a second or third receptionist would benefit his practice extremely.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I have fuchs' dystrophy and I had a corneal transplant in August 2011. I love Dr Seamone. He is so friendly, he put me at ease about the procedure I had to have done, and made sure I felt like no one else but me mattered. The only thing is, as I noticed here tends to be a problem, I cannot get a call from the receptionist for a follow up appointment. I am busy in my life and I tend to forget I have to call him so I depend on the receptionist to do her job and call me but it hasn't happened yet. Very discouraging. I still love Dr Seamone though.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

The doctor was very good, looked at the floor while he talks to you, but is very efficient. His surgery staff were great. Office staff VERY POOR -a busy man like him should have more than 1 secretary. I called and called and would never get calls back and was never called for my follow up. I went to a local Dr, but he didn't know how to adjust my medications and didn't get a response. I waited 3 hours to see the doctor the first time, 1.5 hours the second. But he had me come and meet him at 7 am before his rounds 1 day post op and he was on time them. Follow up appointments should be scheduled prior to surgery date and then cancel and adjust as needed after that.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

It is my fortunate lot to have Dr. Chris Seamone as my doctor. He is vigilant in his search for a diagnosis and explores all the avenues to ensure he misses nothing. He explains in detail what the issue is and what the options are to correct it and he gets things done to ensure the quality of life is improved in a timely manner as possible given the unforeseen factors involved. He is very professional, pleasant an empathetic and I have every confidence that Dr. Seamone is doing the utmost best for me and that this confidence he has instilled in me is very important as it makes me feel there is no doubt about the quality of care i receive from Dr. Seamone. I am extremely glad I am is patient.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Wonderful doctor, very difficult to get calls returned. Are they forgetting to call you or are you just not that important?

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Have been thoroughly examined by Dr. Seamone and then 7 opthamology residents, whom I was glad to help as my case appears a bit unusual. Second visit was for a steroid injevtion in one eye. He did the proceedure painlessly, as he promised. So far, no positive results but even at a cost of $300 in trip expenses for each visit and knowing tnat I have a minimum of5 moe visits for injections and being on a disability low income, I have such faith, I will continue to see him. Do find I cannot wait for his secretary to call me but rather after 7 days I call her. Once I reach her, she has been professional. So far so good.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

He is very knowledgable and professional. I highly reccomend Dr Seamone to anyone

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011