Ratings for Dr. Christopher Seamone

This doctor, who yes, I agree is a brilliant man, was the rudest, most unfriendly person I have ever met. He belittled me, he scolded me a few times for stupid reasons. I am in my 20's and I have lost most of the vision in my right eye. At my appointment he expected me to pay out of pocket 2000.00 for an injection that I needed right away. when I politely told him that I don't have that kind of money on hand. And I don't have benefits. He basically continued to tell me that I'm dumb for not taking the injection now. again I told him I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY. again calling me dumb. he turned around said a speel into a recorder and that was the end of the appointment. Very disappointed. You would think he would be a little more empathetic to someone that is looing vision at such a young age.

Submitted September 11, 2017

Best Dr , compromise, dedication and vocation for his patients and great acknowledgment!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Superior treatment during a cornea transplant and ongoing appointments with Dr Seamone.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Seems to have new staff in the last few weeks and is very friendly! My phone message was returned within 24 hours although I was not home to answer; when I tried to call again she answered the phone. Dr. Seamone's wait times will never decrease but this seems to be because he is a busy specialist who is usually coming or going to surgery and doesn't rush his time with patients. I hear nothing but good things about his bed side manner and knowledge from patients I talk to in his office when there.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Seamone is excellent. His office staff is unfriendly, when and if they ever answer or call you back. It is impossible to receive care when no one calls with appointments, or retunrs your calls.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Knows his stuff, and is good at explaining the problem(s) and what remedies he wants to use and why. He is friendly, and knows his specialty. No concerns there. The HUGE caution is with his answering service. That answering service he uses is terrible, and messages are usually not answered. They are unprofessional, and point blank say they are hired to take messages, nothing more. Other Ophthalmologists like Dr John Dickenson hire an Assistant who does more than write a note that you called. This comes in very handy when prescriptions are running out of refills, because that person starts the ball rolling, or even contacts the Pharmacy with instructions on behalf of the Dr. Dr Seamone's answering service is useless in any instance outside of just letting Dr Seamone know you called. This has caused many problems for me in the past. That and the fact that he always seems to be out of the office on vacation. Bad timing for me I guess.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr, Seamone does an excellent job of explaining technical things in terms that the common person can understand. This does take and can put him behind schedule. But I'd prefer that, than being rushed out and no information. His office staff though needs some customer service training, never return calls, never call when you are overdue for an appointment, always busy and an answering service answers which never gets calls back. Despite that staff issue, use this doctor for your eye problems!! Top notch. The best. Had surgery, fast healing, little soreness.mues not only knowledgable but also skilled with his operations!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Seamone did two cataract operations on me and they went quiet well. Recently though I had a sudden need for eye care and my regular doctor was away, so I called Dr. Seamone's office on the chance he could see me. What I got was a recording saying they only answered the phone during certain hours, and that they did not check recorded messages very quickly. Or at all, it seems as they never got back to me.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr Simone took care of my eyes with the utmost detail and professionalism, he took the time to describe the issue at hand in layman's terms. his staff at the eye clinic at the VG are great as well. giving his extremely busy nature, a second or third receptionist would benefit his practice extremely.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I have fuchs' dystrophy and I had a corneal transplant in August 2011. I love Dr Seamone. He is so friendly, he put me at ease about the procedure I had to have done, and made sure I felt like no one else but me mattered. The only thing is, as I noticed here tends to be a problem, I cannot get a call from the receptionist for a follow up appointment. I am busy in my life and I tend to forget I have to call him so I depend on the receptionist to do her job and call me but it hasn't happened yet. Very discouraging. I still love Dr Seamone though.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015