Ratings for Dr. Jordan T. Young Md Pa

Dear Dr. Young,  I am dumbfounded by your decision to no longer provide medical care to Susan. Your decision has devastated her emotionally since, as you know, she suffers from severe anxiety and depression. Your letter has left her confused and frightened and has made worse her serious psychological and emotional issues.  Initially, we were so delighted to have you as her PCP. We had the utmost respect and confidence in you but sadly that has changed dramatically based on our recent experiences. In fact, we have had to deal with rude and downright insulting  comments both from you and your office staff which left us baffled and concerned. In January, we sat through an appointment with you that was very insulting in so many ways. I am not good at being talked down to or humiliated but we took your insults with the hope that we could resolve any issues you apparently had with us. Even prior to that you told Susan "Have you been boozing it up again." I wonder what kind of doctor makes that statement?. She had not had a drink in years.  In February, things seemed better. If you had issues with us at that time, you did not express them. When Susan was in the Lifecare Center, as you recall since you recommended it,  she was determined to have had a toxic reaction to Depakote. You took her off of it for a day and resumed at a lesser dose that was near toxic. The psychologist at Lifecare expressed surprise that you reinstated the medication. Eventually, we refused to take that drug. We concluded it was the cause in her inability to walk without losing her balance. If Susan had not stopped taking that medication she would have been in rehab for a much longer period of time with no improvement.  She came out of there with scabies which you failed to detect. She also developed canker sores that you also failed to detect. Recently we needed a refill on a prescription drug and unfortunately it was a Saturday so we  left a message with your answering service. There was no response so Susan was forced to go the whole weekend without the medication. Susan called your office several times on Monday then again on Tuesday and that was a very unpleasant experience. I called after she complained how rude your office worker was to her. I called and the worker was quite short with me as well. I was not rude and in fact was quite reserved based on this whole unpleasant experience. I acted in what I thought was her best interest  in making the one call to your office. I know it was your office staff that prompted your letter despite the fact the person was so unpleasant to both of us.  I have no regrets that I am protective of people I care about. If you or your staff are offended by that then so be it. Your letter has caused Susan to slip into a downward emotional spiral and we need to attend to that today. As troubled as we were with your decision -- and because of our experience with your office --  we have concluded that  it is ultimately in our best interest to look elsewhere for professional medical care that puts emphasis on  compassion and consideration. We prefer compassion over confrontation when it comes to health care and hopefully we will find it with a new PCP.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I was disappointed in my choice of a Doctor more and more as time went on. Actually with each and every visit, I liked him less. The final straw came when he called me fat and lazy. Time to switch to another Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Avoid at all costs. Apparently Dr. Young's wife is also the receptionist. I think she wants to be a 'doctor's wife' at home and takes out her anger and resentment on patients. An absolute miserable excuse for a human being.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016