Ratings for Dr. William D. Shaw, Jr.

Dr Shaw is a caring and knowledgable professional. He takes time to ask the appropriate questions and listens to what you have to say. Listening to patients is a quality often lacking in many physicians. His staff is courteous, polite and professional. I believe the PA's employed by his office are also first rate. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking an internist. He takes care of all my family and I also think that is important.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I am being as truthful and polite as possible but I believe the truth can be hard to hear. Dr. Shaw is great if the only issue you have requires antibiotics. More complex issues were not addressed successfully. More complex issues gave a recommendation for a mammogram or a colon-rectal exam. Before I came to Dr Shaw, I had been diagnosed (via blood test) with Lymes disease. After telling him this he informed me that no, I had not had Lymes disease and in fact, most doctors don't think this disease exists in NC. Later, I went to Dr Shaw with Fibromyalgia like symptoms (my orthopedist later diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia), he ignored my symptoms and asked me when I had last had a mammogram. I changed doctors.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. William D. Shaw, Jr.'s Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 2001)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union