Ratings for Dr. John S. Strickland

Staff NEVER answers phone or returns phone calls. Cancellations are common.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Stricklands for 20+ years, he is THE ONLY dentist I trust! He has always been more than dependable & reliable.. He is BY FAR THE BEST DENTIST in town,, or this state for that matter!! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him & is staff, they are incredible! I'd recommend John to anyone and everyone.. If you're looking for a dentist that will treat you as family and truly care about you.. It's Dr John Strickland!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

excellent dentist, he has the best bedside manners

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Best and most caring dentist in town. Have no insurance and he helped me out, let me make payments, and took my agony pain away.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Well, he struck again. My husband got a Cap less than two years ago. It shattered a few days ago while he was chewing gum. It Shattered! He kept the pieces and put them in a baggie. He went to my new and BETTER Dentist and come to find out, the medium Strickland uses in his Machine is Tantamount to GLASS. The cheapest material a Dentist can use. Everything he did, from the beginning has had to be re done. Yes, I am very angry. He had to re do and do again the poor quality work he did for me when I was his Patient. To this day I don't smile like I did before because I am self conscience of the awful job he did on my teeth. Sure he has "easy terms" but I betcha, if you go in there he will PUSH the CARE CREDIT on you. Remember, he gets paid up front.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

He seemed nice enough at first. But, I paid up front. As the time went by he proved he had no idea what he was doing in the field of cosmetic Dentistry and caused me my smile. After I was tortured for months of him trying to undo what he had done, I finally said ENOUGH. I have never suffered the pain I suffered under his hands. I found a Dentist in Tryon who finally, at least got me to the point I could eat SALAD again. I can never say enough bad things about John Strickland. He is a horrible Dentist and a horrible human being. If you need a tooth pulled. He is your man. If you ask him to fill in a space in your teeth and he says he can give you a brand new Smile. Just know it will be the Smile of a Horse or Billy Goat!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

I felt he was dishonest with the work that needed to be done. Everything he did and it was quite extensive now has to be re done.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I have dealt with many dentists, and chronic pain due to poor dental health. By 25 years of age all of my teeth were crumbling and humiliated I was referred to Dr. Strickland by an employer. Hesitant and embarrassed I had no quality of life and wa left no option but to get help. Not only did he accept my insurance and work with me financially he spoke to me with respect, and I was treated like a family member. I could see his compassion and we established a treatment plan jointly that was affordable and I left his office able to smile proudly as I marched across stage for college graduation!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Wonderful kind Doctor Dentist.. Staff is wonderful.. always on time, Very Friendly.. Love this Office. and Doc and Staff. Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Very friendly staff and the dentist goes out of his way to help patients. He takes his time and does not rush his patients at any time during the visit. He schedules appointments in a very timely manner ( You don't have to wait long ) and he has a good general knowledge of dentistry, however I have found his "finish work" to be less than desired. Fillings often feel underfilled and rough to the touch (unfortunately I've had a couple). I'm not a perfectionist, but I should not have to have the filling repolished every time just to get a smooth filling / tooth mateing edge. Teeth are hot / cold sensitive for months afterward (may just be me). Super nice guy but I need more.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010