Ratings for Dr. Steve J. Kao

Kao was my primary care physician for 10 years, and during that time I continued to have excellent health. Two years ago I began experiencing body pain and made an appointment with him for a physical exam. Following the exam, he contacted me, and said that I needed to return for another lab test in 30 days because of irregularities in the first blood analysis. A few days later, I was examined by a doctor who was associated with the Franciscans, and, immediately hospitalized me, stating that I was within a few hours of dying. He suspected that I had multiple myeloma, which turned out to be the correct diagnoses. My new doctor saved my life. Dr. Kao's incompetence was shocking. When I complained to Virginia Mason, his supervisor told me that I had made the appointment for the wrong reason, as if I am supposed to know the symptoms for any disease and call that out when I made the appointment.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Steve J. Kao's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup