Ratings for Dr. Audrey O. Schwabe

I dislike this Dr. Schwabe immensely. She scoffs at our concerns, she is rude, and has absolutely no knowledge or interest in my two kids. What is particularly upsetting is that I called the practice several times and asked to be switched to a new doctor- and I was told that I cannot switch. This is too bad, because I go to the practice myself (it is also a primary care and endocrine office) and I have liked and respected literally everyone else there. I am obviously looking not only for a new doctor, but a new practice.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I was so unimpressed. Especially by her bedside manner. I waited over an hour. That is not easy with a tired, hungry rowdy toddler. She had zero compassion.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

This doctor has very poor bedside manners and an attitude. She doesn't listen to the parents and doesn't address their concerns. My son's head was misshapen and I brought it to her attention at 2 months, and then again at 4 months. I asked for a referral to a specialist to see if he needed a helmet. She said it is minimal, and did not give me a referral even though I asked several times. Now at 12 months, we are seeing another pediatrician, his head is still very visibly misshapen. We were just referred to a neurosurgeon and will most likely have to get a helmet. The new pediatrician noticed the issue right away and even said that one of his ears was positioned further back. Clearly, the head is misshapen. I am so upset. There were other issues during my visits. I am so glad I finally changed my child's doctor and wish I have done so after my first visit to her

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Dr Schwabe missed a diagnosis of our baby, resulting in increased infection. We went to another doctor, where our child was immediately diagnosed correctly and treated appropriately. Please avoid Dr Schwabe for the good of your child.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

We had to wait literally 2 hours for her on more than 1 occasion. Her office is like a dungeon, and the staff is the worst you can imagine. Stupid, inefficient, double billing us, etc. She is a nice person, but it is not worth the wait there at all. My kids HATED going there and so did I. We left and are very happy with our new pediatrician.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

Dr. Olivera is very quick with the prescription pad. Before I could say the little spot of dry skin on my daughter's arm was responding well to olive oil, she was writing a prescription for cortisone cream. Then, based on an outdated weight chart, she advised supplementing our breastfed baby with formula. Then said we should take our baby for her 6-month vaccines the day before we go on a 12-plus hour flight. When I said the baby might have an allergic reaction in the sky or the shots may make her cranky, she said, "It's nothing a little Tylenol wouldn't take care of." Needless to say, we're looking for another pediatrician.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Wonderful manner, very careful, protective and treats all children like they are her own. Both our children see Dr. Olivera and we trust her wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Olivera is an excellent pediatrician - super friendly, down to earth, and practical. She has kids of her own and practices what she "preaches". Dr. Olivera always takes the time to explain her treatment...

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

we adore her. she is patient, kind, caring, knowledgable. i highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

I got her on the Weill Cornell on call service when the doctor's office was closed. Before I told her what is going on with my child, without asking any questions, She told me: if this is no urgent, go to the doctor tomorrow. If it is urgent, go to the emergency. I am not your baby's doctor. I do not know ...etc.. . If Andrey Olivera treated patient horribly like this while she is on call, Can not imagine how she treats her patience. Avoid her!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Audrey O. Schwabe's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1996)