Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Ungemach DC, MUAC

After having 2 spinal fusion surgeries, Dr. Scott Ungemach's techniques have given me relief. He has introduced me to different options for long term relief. He's very knowledgeable and kind. I highly recommend him to anyone with back, neck, or hip issues. Jim R. - Delaware

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Ungemach is a relatively fine chiropractor. He has been working on me for many years but my results were mixed some helping, and some doing nothing at all. He often has problems explaining to me exactly what my problem is. Since he got his new machine I have noticed that it has improved. However, in terms of manual manipulation I much prefer the Doctor which he works for Dr. Ronald S. Hoch, whom I am normally unable to see because Dr. Scott schedules my appointments for himself. However, when Dr. Scott is out of town, no longer in the office, or I have an emergency Dr. Hoch has often made me feel much better. I would recommend Dr. Scott, but may suggest exploring other chiropractors in the area. In fact the machine which he is trained to use, is also available at other offices. The staff and everyone else who works there is great.

Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Scott D. Ungemach DC, MUAC

Dr. Scott D. Ungemach DC, MUAC's response
It is sad and pathetic that a former colleague would be the one to write the only negative review.

Submitted April 15, 2016

I was ready to give up on feeling any better, until I started adjustments with Dr Scott Ungemach at Hoch Chiropractic. I have fibromyalgia and back and neck problems for over 20 years. I am unable to take medication due to the side effects I always knew that chiropractic adjustments made me feel better than medications, but if my muscles were too tight, traditional manual adjustments would not help or last very long. Dr Ungemach has this machine that targets a specific area. It makes a tapping sound but you don't feel anything. It keeps tapping until the area starts to move freely. I also feel it is validation of the where my pain was. I was amazed the first time I went. I had limited range of motion in my neck and after my first treatment, I was able to turn my head without pain. I am also able to sleep better because my overall pain level has decreased. When I am in alignment everything feels better. My family, friends and coworkers even noticed the difference in me since I started treatment with Dr Umgemach. Dr Ungemach combines traditional manipulations, using this machine and many other different techniques that I have never seen before. He will try as many techniques until you get the result you are looking for. It is not the same adjustment every time like other chiropractors. I highly recommend Dr Ungemach.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

As a first-timer to the Chiropractic world, I couldn't have possibly had a better experience. I was welcomed by both Dr. Scott and his staff with the most open of arms, and I felt like I had been going there for years. The entire process was prompt and painless, from checking in all the way through the amazing computer instrument adjustment. There was not a single second in which I felt that I was lacking individual care. Dr. Scott called me later in the evening to "Welcome me to the fold", as he so put it. He went over his recovery instructions, and provided tips and tricks to prevent future problems. I honestly believe that Dr. Scott genuinely cares about everyone that he meets and/or treats. If this review isn't convincing enough, I implore you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ungemach at Hoch Chiropractic and see for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

All of the other reviewers were right, and I'm glad I read them over. Dr. Scott is the best, he is the first chiropractor I have gone to that has really explained what was going on. I hate having my neck twisted and relayed my concerns to him. He said that he could adjust me using a computer instrument and not have to twist my neck like all the others I have gone to! I have never seen anything like it before. It was painless and has helped me sooooo much that I can't even begin to thank him. If your are looking for a new chiro, then I would suggest calling Dr. Scott, I am sure glad I did!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. Scott Ungemach has helped me more with my headaches than any other doctor I have seen. I no longer wake up with headaches and feel like I have more energy throughout the day. Thank you Dr. Scott and I highly recommend him to anyone. He truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Ungemach has helped me with several different problems, lower back pain, hip pain, and most recently, my shoulder. He is very good at what he does.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I saw Dr. Ungemach while I was in town visiting family. I had severe lower back pain from the 18 hour drive. He treated me like one of his regular patients and got me right in which I much appreciated. He explained to me that one or two adjustments were not going to fix my condition but he treated me for pain relief. I must say, he saw me twice and I felt so much better and was able to spend quality time with my family instead of laying in bed. He even set me up with a Chiropractor back in Fl. to help me out when I got home. Thanks to my experience with Dr. Scott, I now see a chiropractor once a month. I can't thank him enough for helping while I was in town, and I look forward to seeing him again next year when I come back!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Scott has helped me with several problems over the years. He has kept me working which is greatly appreciated since I have two kids in college!!! I would recommend him to anyone. TW

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I can not say enough about Dr. Ungemach. Not only has he helped me with my scoliosis that I have been suffering from the past 23 years, but recently I told him about my knee and foot and he fixed them too!!! I am so happy that I can enjoy hiking and riding my bike with my daughter again. Thank you Dr. Scott! I will forever be your patient.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Dr. Scott D. Ungemach DC, MUAC's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Scott D. Ungemach (Dr. Scott) is Board Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiner’s (parts I, II, III, IV and physiotherapy). He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and had been serving North Eastern Pennsylvania communities since 1999. He relocated his practice to the greater Philadelphia area and started Suburban Spine and Sport Chiropractic Center in January of 2016. He is an Honors graduate of Bloomsburg University and a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Life University School of Chiropractic. Dr. Ungemach is a Certified MUA Practitioner. Manipulation Under Anesthesia, or MUA, is a highly specialized, non-invasive stretching technique for chronic pain patients who have failed to respond to long term conservative care or failed surgical interventions. Manipulation Under Anesthesia works by breaking up adhesions and scar tissues to restore range of motion while the patient is in a safe, temporary twilight sedation. The treatment is performed in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center (ASC) by licensed physicians with specialized training and certification specifically for the procedure. A team approach is required to have safe and successful results. Since graduating from chiropractic school, Dr. Ungemach has continued to pursue his education and has taken post-doctoral courses in Advanced Computer Aided Analysis and Adjusting, Whiplash/Spinal Trauma, Diagnosing/Differentiating/Treating Fibromyalgia and Myofascial pain syndrome, Trigger point therapy and soft tissue techniques, Treatment and prevention of Sports Injuries, Biomechanics. Ergonomics in the workplace, Treatment and management of scoliosis, Detection and correction of muscle imbalances, Pediatric and Geriatric specialized care, Posture, Gait, and Sensory-Motor Training, Spinal pain syndromes, Advanced Functional Extremity Training and Adjusting, TMJ, and Advanced Radiological (X-ray, CT, MRI) reading and interpretation to name a few. "My focus in practice is family/wellness and sports medicine centered. I have treated patients of all ages, from professional athletes with spinal or extremity problems to patients simply needing high quality chiropractic care. I use multiple chiropractic techniques in my practice including the Sigma Ultralign Pro-adjuster Computer Adjusting Instrument, Thompson, Peirce, Cox Flexion/Distraction, Diversified, Activator, PNT, Soft Tissue Manipulation, Muscle Energy, Upper Cervical, and Advanced Functional Extremity Adjusting techniques, depending on each patients unique needs." Dr. Ungemach's extensive knowledge of these techniques allows him to treat most spinal and extremity problems in his office easily and effectively with the primary goal of reducing pain and dysfunction, while restoring strength and improving athletic performance. Dr. Ungemach's proven treatment approach and protocols also applies to those who require performance optimization from the physical stress of regular activities of daily living, from prolonged work postures which can lead to repetitive strain disorders or injuries such as what is now being called text neck, or from chronic pain from post surgical cervical spine (neck) or lumbar spine (lower back) fusion issues. Dr. Ungemach has received some of his professions top honors by several organizations over his career. He was selected as one of America's Best Chiropractors in Pennsylvania (2015) by the National Consumer Advisory Board, a private research organization dedicated to providing consumers information about the finest professionals across the nation. Selections are done based on a proprietary assessment of a chiropractor’s experience, training, continuing education and commitment to excellence to ensure the most impartial unbiased review of all applicants. He was named to Top Chiropractors in America, Members are selected for the excellence in patient care and treatment, and for their contributions to their profession. Dr. Ungemach has also been selected and included in the 2015 addition of Worldwide Leaders in Healthcare. Members are selected for their contribution to excellence in Healthcare. The organization is part of the International Association of HealthCare Professionals which is made up of over 100 different medical societies.

• English

• Life University (Grad. 1999)

• Back pain

• Top Chiropractors, America's Best Chiropractors, Worldwide Leaders in Healthcare

Workers Comp