Ratings for Dr. Afif Hentati

Misdiagnosed me twice, rude, doesn't listen, starts arguments, lies about test results,

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Misdiagnosed me, cost me thousands and unnecessary surgery

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Dr. Hentati spoke to me condescendingly. He was very rude in telling me that all of my pain is "in my head" while he lied to me about the results of my MRI. After having other doctors review my results I discovered I have a degenerative disc disease causing bulging discs and nerve pain. I have also talked with another patient of his who he misdiagnosed and whom he was rude to, and because of his misdiagnosis her disease progressed horribly. This man should lose his license and complaints will be filed.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

after visiting 3 other Dr's to diagnosis symptoms I was experiencing, I met with Dr Hentati, because other Dr's (not neurologists) were either unable to provide a diagnosis or provide one that was incorrect. It took almost a month to get an appointment which I found disappointing, but once I met with Dr H he took the time (over an hour) to listen to my concerns, run some diagnostics, and access my condition(s). I happened to be very 'scientific' regarding my symptoms which helped in his diagnosis. I recorded dates symptoms occurred, time they lasted and what I was specifically I was experiencing, which he told me was very helpful in his accessing my condition. Dr H also scheduled me for an MRI (no fault of his, but 2 weeks later). He was very frank about telling me what he believed it to be but told me results of the MRI were required to confirm. Following my 8:30 am MRI I received a call about 5 hours later from Dr H confirming his diagnosis, he was very upfront informing me I had a

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

I’m blessed to have met Doctor Hentati! Not only does he validate my concerns about MS, but he tells me what I need to hear with no fluff. He calms me down when I get scared and has even given me his personal pager number when I needed help. For emergency appointments I was always able to see him the next day. My sister, whom has seen every doctor in Illinois, accompanied me on an appointment and could not believe this man spent an hour with me, never rushing and answering all my questions. I travel from Wisconsin just to see him because I know he is the best. His nurses should get credit too! They are amazing and have always been very helpful!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Hentati is nice and caring and knows his stuff. I think where he might rub patients the wrong way is that he is direct, though I truly think this is a cultural thing. He is to the point and doesn't waste time, but he knows MS and his nurse is helpful, too.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Dr. Hentati dismissed my complaints as "not as serious as some other people's." I did not like that compared my problems to other people rather than treating me as an individual. He was generally nice and friendly about non-MS things, but made me feel bad about seeking treatment for my symptoms.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007

Dr. Hentati is not very knowledgeable or helpful. He is not very forthcoming with information and though he has a pleasant manner. He was very tardy in responding to reading tests that he had ordered for me and I was very unhappy with his followup.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2006

Dr. Afif Hentati's Credentials

• Fac De Med De Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal