Ratings for Dr. Shahrokh Ahkami

This is my 3rd time going to him and my last. He is too rude

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Since the first time I visited his office I felt violated, i should have know better but because it was convenience I continue attending don't make the same mistake look for a good Doctor. This Doctor's office needs the medical ethics review to investigate his practice, his ill manner, treats his patients as cattle, rushes you, does not ask question, only his voice can be heard, rough and incompetent. You would think that he has lots of experience with the amount of years he has practice but don't be naive, in my personal experience, the wait is 1 to 2 hours to enter the examining room and he takes less than 5 minutes to give a "diagnosis" or to do a yearly check up. How can he know and diagnoses properly without asking routine questions? so,I wanted to change my birth control because what he prescribe was not working well with my body and he said to me the if I changed medications I was going to get cancer. He repeated this ludicrous statement on various instances in my less then 5 minute consultation basing it on no fact or exams. His staff is equally as rude and incompetent ( ex: don't keep accurate or timely yearly test notifications, appointments are not handle in the order of arrival,rolling of the eyes etc...) the sarcasm comes from the Doctor and trickles down. If you don't have a Doctor don't waste your time and money in this place is not worth the aggravation and belittlement.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I was with him for two and half years. My previous primary doctor referred me to him and when I waiting for my pap smear check up, he accused me of not wearing paper towel cloth around me when I didn't had no idea about it. The medical asset didn't tell me nothing about no towel. So the doctor try to rush me to lay down and examined me. He was screaming and hollering at me and accussing me of neglecting myself. He told me I need hysterectomy and I disagreed with him. He said I should know better because I live I live in America. I'm like what does that have to do my health. He assumed I was five months which It's not true. I felt so insulted. I was passed off. I was gonna jump off the table and throw my pants and get my coat and storm out, but I was to shaking up and angry. I wasn't gonna come back, but my mother wanted to see him for herself for the truth about my enlarged uterus that was full of benign fibrous tumors which I knew nothing about. My mother convinced me to have surgery because she had it. It's hereditary in my family. I wanted a second opinion, but my mother said it too large scrape it off. So I had surgery for my mother, not for him. I couldn't stand him. He's evil. I have a new gynecologist now!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Absolutely the worst experience of my life. I'd just gotten a biopsy. He ripped off my bandage to check it-not too gentle either. I told him I didn't want the exam I didn't want him to touch me. Which he ignored and was rough where I'd just gotten the incision. He's rude with absolutely no bedside manor. He treats his patients like a deli number. Doesn't bother with our names-just our charts. Last time it took him TWO weeks to send my prescription in for my antibiotic. After I insisted for the eight time I didn't want to be touched he threw my paperwork in the wet sink and slammed the door on the way out. This man is the epitome of unprofessional and shouldn't even have his license to practice. On a side note? I've been waiting over a MONTH now for them to sent my pap results to my new gynecologist.When I call the office they dodge me and say "The woman who handles that is not in the office."

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

I went here because of an insurance change so I had no choice but to leave my other doc for this one. I went and told them I was taking birth control pills that my other doc told me was safe for breastfeeding. He started yelling at me for trying to kill my baby and told me to just stop breastfeeding and that I wouldn't get any refills for that birth control. He then insulted my other doc and was saying how "this generation" doesn't know anything to the nurse. I was sitting there humiliated like someone else said "with a paper towel around my lap." He is awful. So rude and didn't let me talk or ask questions. I mean, I understand that it's bad for you to take birth control while breastfeeding, but I seriously did not have a clue since my other doc said it was safe. There really was no need to make me feel like I was stupid. He told me to come back the next month but his staff wasn't even at the window when I tried to make an appointment. I guess that was a good thing since I don't plan on going back and have already found another gym

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Went 2the Dr 4the first time 4annual gyn exam &Pap.After telling him my history which included an abnormal Pap 18 months ago (which has since resolved with 2more Pap smears at 6month increments) he advised me that his protocol is 2perform a colposcopy 4preventative measures. Why would anyone agree 2a procedure if last 2paps were normal?This man should be called Dr. Insurance Fraud. He's obviously submitting bills 4procedures that are unwarranted &unnecessary.As I sat there humiliated with a paper towel draped over my naked lap he advised me that if I didn't agree 2this he could not be my doctor &I needed to find another doctor.I wholeheartedly agreed because I did not even want this man 2touch me.I worked in a hospital for 15years &knows the proper medical protocol.This doctors patient base is primarily indigent minority patients who probably say yes to anything he tells them because they are illiterate &uneducated.Not me.You picked the wrong person to screw with doc! I'll be reporting him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

horrible! I wouldn't recomend this doctor to anyone, he is extremely rude and doesn't like to answer any questions you have. He makes me feel like any concern I have is stupid.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

The staff takes too long to answer the phone. When you're there there's a long waiting time. And he doesn't like answering any questions.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

He is a very good doctor,I've been going to him for 20 yrs. He deliverd all 4 of my children. He makes sure he answers all your questions. He does yell at you but he does it if he is concerned. I have high risk pregnancies and I could call anytime and he was always there. He made m feel very comfortable and I always new I was in good hands. As for hissaff they are just as wonderful as he is. They make you feel like youar their only patient. I would tell anybody if they want a dr. with short wait time,great staff and a wonderful dr., Dr. Ahkami is th one to go to.BEST DOCTOR....:)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Nothing out of the ordinary. I think he could have been much worst. So he's just ok, i guess. I think the doctor doesn't like you asking so many questions but his staff is very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Dr. Shahrokh Ahkami's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1964)

MSP/BC Med