Ratings for Dr. Dean A. Bauer

Dean Bauer is a good doctor, but he is not good at listening to feedback. For example, when I told him I'd like to try a different brand of contact lens, he told me not to bother. I went along since he was my dr. He will not consider or even discuss any alternative than what he wants. I suggested piggybacking to increase comfort and he simply said it wouldn't work and wouldn't discuss it any further. I kept him as my doctor for 3 years until I couldn't take it any longer. He did nothing that helped me and I spent a lot of money using him. When I switched to a new doctor, she had me seeing clearly and comfortably before the very first appt was complete. Bauer is a good doctor and very focused on his specialty. He's just married to synergeyes contacts and won't allow any other brand to be used by his patients. I rate him very poorly and wouldn't suggest using him.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Dean A. Bauer's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1986)

• Blue Advantage