Ratings for Dr. Eric C. Dudley

Very disappointed with Dr Dudley. Needed a quick appt so my daughter could get new contacts so we went to see him at Sams Club in Matthews. He was late and seemed unable to remember details I had given him within minutes. Also charged $80 for contact lens fitting instead of $30 I was quoted. We were told no changes in prescription, but my daughter wanted to try different contacts. He ordered a few different trial lenses for her. When we went to pick them up we noticed they weren't the same prescription. I asked about it & was told it was no big deal, Dr Dudley is just very thorough. What?!? My daughter tried the lenses and found it difficult to see clearly(duh!). I went back to Sams to ask him personally about the prescription error. Told me the prescription was not that far off(.5pt - 1pt)& we could schedule another follow up visit. Made the appt but day of found out he was no longer w/Sams. We would have to contact Queen City Eye Clinic. 2 months later and nothing resolved.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr Dudley was very unprofessional. He did not seem the list bit knowledgeable. The only info he offered...or pushed on me was to order contacts and glasses. He must have asked me seven or eight times during the visit if I was going to order contacts/glasses. Then he told me he needed my old prescription faxed/called in to him before he could make a new prescription. All I wanted was a contact lens fitting/prescription and he did a wealth of tests that were unneeded. He seemed nervous and was pacing around the office while I was waiting to be seen and during dilation. He called me at an odd time after my appt to try to get my old presctription. When I told him I would not be coming back, he still asked for my prescription to put on the chart. Do not go to this practice. They seem to want to make money but are not reputable doctors. I felt extremely uncomfortable at my visit and wanted to run to the car after my visit. This doctor is a quack.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012