Ratings for Dr. Earl C. Matthews

Dr. Matthews reset my fractured arm in the emergency room. He seemed to do a good job and he was acceptably patient and willing to answer questions at the time. However in subsequent visits he seemed annoyed by my questions. When the cast came off my arm was crooked. Dr. M assured me it would work fine when it finished healing. I did not trust him by then and got another opinion. Opinion number two was not at all patronizing and he seemed much more thorough and believable: The crooked wrist would cause me pain with activity and he said if he were in my position he would operate and fix it. He did not condemn Dr. Matthews decision to just use a cast on my fracture, but he did say it was a risky way to handle such a break. In any case, I don't understand Dr. M's not noting the crookedness earlier and at least asking me if I wanted to consider surgery. In summary Dr. M was patronizing and I did not trust his judgement.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr. Earl C. Matthews's Credentials

• Univ Of Western Ontario, Fac Of Med, London, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1981)