Ratings for Dr. John Hoffman

I recently had a total knee replacment. Had very little pain following surgery and recovered quickly. 5 Weeks following surgery I can effortlessly navigate stairs, change shoes and socks without strain and feel confident I can bowl and golf as well as I did 10 years ago. Extremely happy with Dr. Hoffman and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

My hips are like new again. you could not find a better more caring staff. The pain after surgery was nil to none. 500 mg of Tylenol was at that was needed.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Dr Hoffman performed TKR on both of my knees 7.10.17 and 8.21.17. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. I’m now walking without pain and highly recommend his Rapid Recovery TKR. Very very good Doctor!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I found Dr Hoffman to be a doctor who knew what he was doing. His staff and surgery center were very friendly and helpful. A very professional place. I had total hip replacement with no pain afterward. I highly recommend Dr Hoffman!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Had right hip replaced eight weeks ago and I am doing things I haven't done for years. I can walk without limping now. I am very satisfied.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr. Hoffman gave me my life back when he did both my knee surgeries six weeks apart. The regime he had me on for handling pain and getting back on the move was cost effective and manageable physically. His surgery was a less invasive surgery and so healing was faster. All of the people at his offices were professional, caring, and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Hoffman as an orthopedic surgeron.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Worst experience, not only sat in exam room for 1 hr, when he came in he showed pictures of the surgery and was going to leave without even looking at the surgical sight. The knee was so swollen fluid had to be removed. Made the comment after surgery that what he said wouldn't be remembered by patient anyways. I have not ever had a Dr. so uncaring and in a hurry that the whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Full hip replacement, back to work quickly. 2 weeks! Great surgeon, great staff.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

If you are in need of an orthopedic surgeon, your search is over here, this guy rocks!! I tore my ACL waterskiing, and looked all over Iowa (Including Iowa City) for a well-known surgeon with good reviews who could get me up and skiing again as soon as possible. Luckily, a friend and fellow waters-skier recommended Doctor Hoffman, who was located in the Quad Cities, and was able to get me in right away! I would have needed to wait nearly a month for an initial consult with the surgeon that I wanted in Iowa City. I was able to be scheduled right away in for ACL reconstructive surgery and meniscus repair from Dr. John Hoffman in February of 2015, and have zero complaints. Overall, Dr. Hoffman was very nice, courteous, and professional. He gave me the impression genuinely concerned for my comfort and well-being, and in every appointment, I was asked for my input and concerns/questions about the process. He also does plenty of these knee surgeries every year, so you can be assured you will be getting high quality work done. I did physical therapy through their recommended Plaza Physical Therapy. The rehab was as enjoyable as it could be (It is physical therapy after all). I did notice that all of the advice they gave seemed perfectly aligned with the advice that Dr. Hoffman recommended. I think this shows that you will be getting rehabilitation that aligns with what the doctor would recommend. My one piece of advice would be to make sure you take the time to make a list of questions you may have prior to each visit. As with all Doctors, he does have many other patients to attend to, but he showed he was more than willing to take the time to answer all the questions I had. Overall, Dr. Hoffman is the real deal. If you are getting ACL surgery, he will give you top notch service, and will ensure you are comfortable with the decisions you are making. Hoping to be back on the water this year, and skiing full time next year!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I had a total knee replacement 5 weeks ago. I have completed my physical therapy in 4 weeks and well on my way to a full recovery. I loved his friendly staff who always made me feel at home. I would highly recommend Dr. Hoffman to all of my friends. In fact, all of my friends who have had work, recommended him to me.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. John Hoffman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1980)

• Blue Shield Of California