Ratings for Dr. Max W. Sung

He had my brother, with advanced stage 4 cancer of the liver, bile duct and spine, make a long trip from Nassau County to the city to have an mri and cat scan. A few days later he had to make that arduous and painful trip back to see Dr. Sung to get the results. When we got there, WE FOUND DR. SUNG HAD NOT EVEN TAKEN A LOOK AT THE TESTS AND COULD NOT READ THE CAT SCAN BECAUSE OF EDEMA. IN ADDITION, THE RESULTS OF THE MRI WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. Also, it was apparent that my brother was having enormous problems breathing. Even though there was so much edema the cat scan was not readable, Sung proceeded to send my brother back to Nassau County instead of admitting him right then and there. That night my brother went into respiratory failure and had to be taken on an emergency basis to a nearby hospital where now, near death, a team of doctors worked of him vigorously in order to revive him. As a result he had to undergo acute and invasive procedures to relieve the edema. We were told that the enormous physical strain of the trips back and forth to Mt. Sinai had triggered the respiratory failure. HAD SUNG HAD ENOUGH CONSCIOUSNESS AND PRESENCE OF MIND TO REVIEW THE TESTS FIRST, HE COULD HAVE SAVED MY BROTHER FROM FURTHER SUFFERING INSTEAD OF MAKING IT WORSE. My brother remains in the hospital. We do not know where he stands as now he cannot speak. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. He is as insensitive and uninvolved as it gets.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Horrible . Knows nothing and cares less about his patients !

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Max W. Sung's Credentials

• Sign Language

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1980)

GHI