Ratings for Dr. Rebecca L. Aft

I had a mastectomy in May 2012 and was Very pleased with Dr Aft and her staff. Dr Aft is professional and an expertise in breast cancer and surgical options. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

I went in for a "routine" procedure - placement of a port-a-cath for chemo under general anesthesia. Dr. Aft, most likely the resident, stabbed me in the heart with the catheter guidewire, shorting out my heart. I now have a pacemaker and congestive heart failure for life. The staff denied all liability, (expected) and behaved as if I caused the problem. They waited 3 days to replace the dangerous temporary pacemaker with a permanent because it was a weekend, which would have caused them inconvenience.Dr Aft, and her staff, could not have been ruder in refusing to reschedule my port implant within a reasonable time frame and made me wear an exposed line for chemotherapy which became infected. My oncologist had to call and beg her to place the port sooner than 8 weeks from the proposed date. The doctor and resident did not inform my husband of their negligence for nearly 2 hours when it was supposed to be a 30 min procedure.The medical records were washed clean by the legal department.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Dr. Rebecca L. Aft's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)