Ratings for Dr. Matthew G. Small

Unfortunately his well known recent personal issues has overshadowped his ability to be a caring and effective doctor. If you question him at all, his arrogant nature quickly shows. He gets defensive and literally tells you he knows what he is doing and your other doctor is incompetent. Our phone conversation became what I consider very unethical of a doctor. He was belligerent and was making inappropriate comments about another doctor. I was shocked and very upset. Very sad to say it was such a bad situation, I really wanted to like him since he came so recommended. I guess if you keep your mouth shut and don't question anything he says, then your relationship with him will be great but you won't ever get the real help you need. In my case he wasn't to quick to get me he referrals I needed, and wasn't proactive in trying to rule out other diseases or issues that had similair symptoms. I had to constantly make my own recommendations on to what should happen next. I found another doctor and on the first visit that doctor was concerned with my symptoms and ordered additional tests and two referrals. I guess things happen for a reason..I was able to get a diagnosis in a very short time with my new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Matthew G. Small's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in South Haven, MI