Dr. Steven B. Brandes

Outstanding Staff Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven B. Brandes

Dr. Brandes successfully performed a complicated procedure that completely fixed a fissure that my wife was suffering from. And we enjoyed his happy attitude.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

This doctor was obviously in a hurry. I was barely greeted, no handshake. He flew through my medical history sheet and did not even read all my prior surgeries. He asked questions very hurriedly and would barely let me get a sentence out before he would cut me off. He talked extremely fast and was very impatient. I had a few different concerns I wanted to discuss and he would give me a very brief answer for each and then ask "What next?" in a "hurry up would you" tone. He made me feel like a huge inconvenience. I have had 9 surgeries in my life, been hospitalized several times and seen several specialists throughout my life. I have never been more unimpressed with a doctor!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Dr. Steven B. Brandes's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brandes specializes in reconstructive and traumatic urologic surgery. Dr. Steven B. Brandes is the Chief of Reconstructive Urologic Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Brandes is an expert in bladder reconstruction, ureter reconstruction, male incontinence, recto-urinary fistulas, urethral strictures, vesico-vaginal fistula repair and genitourinary reconstruction.

• Spanish

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1990)