Ratings for Dr. Richard E. GOULD

Having carried the BRCA gene for some time, I was unfortunately recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I was terrified to say the least. Both my primary doctor and breast surgeon each independently referred me to Dr. Gould. He was absolutely amazing! He calmed my fears. He was patient, thoughtful, knowledgeable, caring, and I walked out of the consultation feeling in control that I could beat this thing. I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Gould as part of my team. His support staff were amazing and I truly can tell that they care about me as more than a number. I don't usually write reviews but he really was that good. Reading the other negative reviews here makes me so sad. Especially because one negative review was written by the same person twice on two separate occasions separated by 6 months of time. I wish her the best and I truly hope that she has been able to move on with her life by now. It is so detrimental to our mental and physical health to hold on to such negativity and keep spreading it around. For me, Dr. Gould has been a "God-send" and I wouldn't trade him for any other doctor. Sending everyone peace, love, and gratitude.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I was recommended to Dr. Gould by my Internist and my Cancer surgeon. I found Dr. Gould very very nice, kind, helpful and listened to all my questions. I can't imagine those who wrote such awful things about him -- it's like that can't possibly be the same young man I was sent to and who is now monitoring me. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone who is dealing with breast cancer. Luckily I am now cancer free and my prognosis is excellent and I have a very high percentage of living anothr ten years so I'm elated. Perhaps those who did not like him were in some way envious because he is very handsome and young, but I'm telling anyone who reads this he is an excellent doctor and I thank God he is my Oncologist.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I've been meaning to write for this for a while and completely back up the patient who submitted comment on June 12, 2013 (I hope you are doing well. <3 ). "I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, not even my worst enemy." I said the exact same thing after seeing Dr. Gould at Cedar Sinai in 2014. He also didn't have much knowledge or curiosity to know things beyond a very limited scope (even though I was asking questions directly related to my cancer.) He resorted to scare tactics even though my cancer was very "low grade" those are my radiation oncologist's words (and I am completely cancer free now.) Dr. Gould is all about his own ego. It is very scary and to have to deal with cancer and to encounter the most ego-driven insensitive doctor(person) I’ve ever met at that vulnerable juncture in my life was very difficult. His nurse was also like him cold and insensitive. Ricardo was very nice over the phone. I broke down crying several times after my meeting with him for the next week when I recalled his insensitive behavior.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr Gould is an excellent doctor. He helped me get through a difficult diagnosis at a difficult time in my life. He was kind, patient, and took time to explain what was going on with me. He helped me to feel comfortable and feel like I could beat the cancer which I have. I highly recommend him to everyone and have referred a family member to see him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I would not recommend Dr Gould to anyone. I was diagnosed with a rare tumor and I left the appt in tears, thinking I had 50/50 prognosis; which really took me by surprise when I had never read that about anyone before with this rare tumor. The scheduling office scheduled us for a second appt at 11:20 and then he refused to see us when we got there because he doesn't see anyone after 11. They should have known that when scheduled appt. Then we ran into him in the hallway later on and he wouldn't even talk to us. Then calls me at 7 that night to tell me that I should see someone else. He was going to refuse to see me. I feel bad for his assistant, Ricardo, because I wouldn't want to work for someone who is constantly changing their story. Dr Gould gave me 3 different stories within the same phone conversation. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Richard E. GOULD's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in West Hollywood, CA