Ratings for Dr. Verna R. Porter

Dr. Porter is an excellent physician who heard my concerns, and was very attentive. She asked many questions required my condition. She explained all the necessary tests that need to be done and what she recommended to this point. My sister was with me and she asked questions as well. And she made my sister feel comfortable and answered all her concerns as well. Great doctor, and I DO recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

This doctor is fantastic! I had a great experience and would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Very happy with consultation! Fantastic doctor. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I have had an excellent experience. Dr. Porter has helped me enormously with my neurological problems. She is very thorough and always explains the results to me in details. She always has a great plan. I am very happy with my care.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr. Porter ordered a blood test and MRI but I explained I was unable to pay for expensive services right now because of my financial situation. So I didn't get the MRI but I asked how much the blood test would cost and the doctor said "not expensive, $200 at the most". The bill was $950. This is totally inaccurate and unprofessional considering I communicated I was financially unable to pay for expensive services.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

My consultation with Dr. Porter was only 10 minutes long. She cancelled my appointment twice and rescheduled my appointment more than a month after the initial appointment date. She charged me $690 for a ten-minute consultation, that is the maximum amount allowed my insurance company. Dr. Porter sent me to have an MRI done, and several other just as expensive procedures, but did not want to see me after the results were ready although I asked to have the results explained to me. Dr. Porter's billing office is lacking the same professional attitude and efficiency as the doctor herself. Dr. Verna Porter is an in-network physician, but her billing office continues to bill my insurance under the wrong code almost ten months after my consultation, and after several conference calls between her billing office, my insurance company representatives and myself. I do not recommend Dr. Verna Porter to anyone who need medical care from a neurologist.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. Verna R. Porter's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)