Ratings for Dr. Robert M. MERRITT

This man is the worst physician I have ever encountered, and I am 77 years old... He told me there was nothing wrong with me, that I didn't have a old (although I had a very productive cough. He never examined my throat... but told me to come back in a month! I went to primary physician and he gave me an antihistamine which was helpful. Turns out there is very much wrong with me, I have CLL, and was having lymph node problems in my throat, which he didn't examine. I need surgery, but surely wouldn't go to him. Please note that the rating BELOW for Dr. Merritt must be incorrect, as the text elaborates on the terrible surgery they had at Dr. Merritt's hands. Surely they didn't mean to give him 5 Stars... that is for the staff only. I would not give one star for the practice as I paid for service I didn't get. DON'T GO TO THIS TERRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I had a septoplasty with turbinate reduction performed 3 years ago. After a painful and miserable 1-week recovery period, Dr Merritt said that my breathing would improve over the next few weeks or months once the swelling reduced. I kept waiting and waiting for breathing to improve but nothing ever changed. I did not experience even a 10% improvement. I have no idea what was done while I was under the knife, but it feels like nothing was done because my septum is still just as crooked as it was before the surgery, and my turbinates are just as swollen and obstructive as before. During my consultation with Dr Merritt, he did not discuss all the alternatives available for my problem; coblation, balloon synoplasty, or whatever he ended up doing. He just said I needed a septoplasty with turbinate reduction. 2 years later I had a consultation with a different ENT; I didn't mention anything about my previous surgery with Dr Merritt because I wanted to see if he could tell that Dr Merritt had done anything up there. He didn't mention any evidence that I had any procedure done in my nose before. His diagnosis was the same; that i needed a septoplasty with turbinate reduction, just as if I had never had it done already (just 2 years prior with Dr Merritt). I can't express the level of misery I endure on a daily basis feeling like I have cotton stuck up my nostrils. I thought Dr Merritt would be able to make room in my airway passages, but I was very disappointed with the lack of results. There are nights when I wish I could push a drill up my nose and create some holes. Most of the time, air barely goes through at all; both nostrils are clear of mucous but air does not flow in or out. In my line of work (and any other line of work), I can't imagine doing a job where a client receives far less than what was expected at the rate of many thousands of dollars. I don't know how Dr Merritt cut my nose open, closed it up, and called it a job well done.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

This is the rudest, most sarcastic, condescending doctor I have ever encountered. He treated me like I was an uneducated rube and essentially told me there is nothing wrong with me that he could see and then referred me to a neurologist. He blew off everything I was trying to tell him. I have pains in my ear like I am being stabbed in it with an ice pick so I am not imagining it. I can't accurately rate his knowledge when it comes to others. When it came to me though, it was a 0.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Misdiagnosed TMJ for Meniere's Disease. Told basically there is no hope and learn to live with it.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Very good with tonsilectomy for my daughter when she was 17

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

He performed rhinoplasty/septoplasty/toncilectomy all at once and did an excellent job! Very kind & gentle!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. Robert M. MERRITT's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1992)

Delta Dental