Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey L. Henke

I've only seen him a few times during my pregnancy. He's very nice from what I've experienced so far and I've never had any real problems with him other than if you have any questions to ask you better ask while he's in the middle of your exam because he doesn't hang around long enough after for you to ask nor does he ask if you have any questions or concerns like the other doctors in the practice.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I saw him once based on recommendations. He was clearly quite knowledgeable, but his bedside manner was very lacking. I never went back. I heard from others who told me that he was not normally like that, and they suggested that it may have been anice issue due to problems with his son having cancer at that time. I am not sure.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

I had Dr. Henke for years. He delivered two of my three children. I have nothing but great things to say about him. He was always kind and compassionate. I had a chronic disease which led to a complete hysterectomy after my third child. Minor complications not related to anything he did; but he was always there. He is great!! Not quite sure what the naysayers are talking about

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I agree with the comments on this page. I felt like he brushed me off, didn't listen to my concerns and he spent most of the time chatting about non medical issues. I have since switched to another doctor in that practice.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I had recent encounter Henke he brushed me off as well. I expressed my concerns with him about me getting sick from being exposed to extreme heat and being in direct sunlight for 9hrs at my work place. knowing that I have a history of miscarriages I was looking to him for some type of help since I thought he was a doctor. I couldn't believe his response, he had no compassion or concern at all! Told me that "I shouldn't have gotten that sick" and that being pregnant is not a disability. His comments were very out of line. With that said I will not be seeing him again nor would I recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

My SO and I met with Dr. H for infertility issues. My SO was told to get a test done, I was supposed to get a referral to another clinic. Simple right? That was 1.5+ months ago. We had to wait a month for Dr. H to approve the release of my SO's results. The last time my SO took this test it took our previous doc 24 hours to get the results back to us. It took Dr. H A MONTH. As for MY referral? I'm still waiting. Around the time that we FINALLY received my SO's results, they booked me for a referral...to the WRONG clinic. I spoke with his nurse who told me that the error would be rectified shortly and that I should receive a call from them soon. That was 2 weeks ago. I am STILL waiting for that darned referral. I should have sensed something was off about Dr. H when I told him that I had recurring pain in my stomach (during our initial visit) and he brushed me off; however, at this point his treatment of us as patients has gone from uncaring to jaw dropping-ly poor. NOT RECOMMENDED.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

love the staff and Dr Henke has been my dr for almost 20 years

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Dr. Henke has been my GYN for 20 years and I am shocked to see such a poor rating on this site. I have recommended him to so many of my friends over the years and they all, like me, ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM. Punctuality can at times be an issue for any OB/GYN because babies have to be delivered when ever they want to come and that is not in Dr. Henke's scope of control or any other OB's control. When Dr. Henke retires, I will quit seeing a GYN. He is the BEST OB/GYN I have ever seen and believe me, I saw a bunch before I started going to him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

I agree with the other reviews, he is arrogant and he ignores what the other doctors in his practice recommend. I was so unlucky that he was on call when I was in labor. The doctors that saw me at the office during my last OB appointments told me not two wait to go to the hospital with contractions closer than 10min. I called the day I was in labor to say I had been with contractions all day and even though I told him what the other two doctors in his practice said he told me not to go until they were 4-5 mins apart. Thanks to that we almost didn't make it to the hospital, I couldn't get an epidural, and he didn't show up until the baby was almost out. He stood up on a side until it was time to catch the baby and didn't ask my husband if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord. On top of everything, he was the one who discharged me without leaving any prescription for pain.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey L. Henke's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• BCBS Massachusetts