Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Thompson

I went to see him for a reoperation for Venous TOS. His surgery failed and afterwards he refused to help me. Him and his staff toss you aside if you have any complications. Please go see another doctor!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

My experience was horrible. After battling my insurance company and waiting over 6 months for an appointment while in severe pain. He nor his office ever followed up with me and the diagnostic testing I had. My appointment was 4 months ago, but I haven't heard anything back. I've called 12 times and either I leave a message or they act like they have no idea who I am and say they will get back to me. I'm still waiting and even tried to call two more times today. I had to take time off work and arrange for a driver to travel a couple hours away to be seen by him. It is extremely disappointing after all of the positive expectations I had due to his experience.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Confident in his approach , have not yet had surgery

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

We so happy to have seen Dr Thompson!! He saved our son's life and restored his quality of life back to full potential. He was a pleasure to work with, very professional and knowledgeable about his expertise. We would walk the 3 hr drive uphill both ways to see this Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Really Great Doctor my experence what really a good one he helped me understand what was going on with my shoulder and I'm happy with the choice I made to see him the staff was very professional and helpful as well they get the job done. Thanks Dr. Thompson

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

My personal experience was mixed, I'm in much pain...But surgery is fairly new...hurt's like the dickens! I was told its not an overnight process before pain decrease and surgery wasn't a MAGIC ward and just feel perfect..., so I'm trying to hold on... Had 2 post-op visits; nurse talks very fast, dress unprofessionally, non-engaging, felt rushed. The doctor was very comforting , he spoke with me personally over the phone after my surgery and answered my questions when I didn't get a call back from nurse. . Office staff was ok... sadly I need to follow up with lady at the front often to get any where.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

unorganized office staff dont have all your medical records together feel like they didnt know my medical history.had bad surgical experience which really disabled my arm. dont stand behind his patients and work.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

his surgery left me in more pain than ever.i had surgical complications and had to have more surgeries. iam in pain management now and since he operated on me he left me disabled and iam out of work.he should have never recommended surgery on me. he took on to big of a surgery that required reconstructive surgery on me that went all wrong so now i have the original problem of thoracic outlet syndrome and the reconstructive surgery complication that really disabled me. i felt like i was nothing but a weird scientific project that he took on.i was his lab rat but why would he care hes not the pain disabled from it.would not recommend him or his staff.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Dr Thompson was very helpful and sat down and took the time to explain what was wrong with me and why this has been off and ongoing since 2009.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

My husband recently had surgery done by Dr. Thompson. This Dr. never saw my husband prior to or after his surgery. Very bad for bedside manner I feel. This Dr. does not explain well to patient and even tho he had all prior medical records in his possession he knew nothing at all about my husbands previous tests/diagnosis/treatment, etc. He could not even tell us what the xrays and tests he had ordered prior to the surgery showed. lol It has truely been a experience learned.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Dr. Robert W. Thompson's Credentials

• Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Omaha Ne 68178 (Grad. 1977)

Kaiser-Permanente