Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Chiu

The wait time to be seen was more than an hour without explanation. My time was not valued.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Chiu is an eminently qualified Facial plastic surgeon. I wouldn't trust my face to just any plastic surgeon, especially one who didn't have further specialized credentials, no matter how much "cheaper" the procedures. I had facelift, brow and eyelid surgery with very little bruising, and i have had Botox and lip injections As well, and I love the way I look. I feel so much happier with my appearance.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Three members of our family have gone to Dr. Chiu over the last few years for noninvasive facial procedures such as fillers, botox, and fraxel. I chose him after seeing some of the work he performed on others. The high praise he has received is more than well deserved. He takes all the time needed to answer questions, listen to every concern, and then offer his suggestions. His approach is definitely more conservative and will not perform a procedure that he feels is not necessary. In today's world of plastic surgery that is rare. I have never had any pain, and bruising has never been an issue. Most times you will not even be aware that he has completed the procedure. His work and technique is truly impeccable. Sara, who runs the office always offers total support before a procedure, as well as followup afterwards. This is a very hands on team offering wonderful patient care. I would highly recommend Dr. Chiu without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

My husband and I both had multiple procedures with Dr Chiu. We are both very pleased with our result. We love his honesty and his conservative approach.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I went to Dr. Chiu for rhinoplasty. After my first consultation, Sarah emailed me several times, since I said I was looking around for the best doctor. She would send me inappropriate emails telling me that if I had the procedure done by someone other than Dr. Chiu, he would need to fix it. After researching a bit and reading all of these great reviews, I decided to go with him. Two years later, my nose is significantly crooked, it is difficult to breathe, it is stuck up like a pig, there's a bump AND needless to say I will be getting a second surgery by someone else. I was originally told these were attributed to swelling, a year later it was attributed to the way my nose was already? I have pictures to prove the contrary. He refuses to admit it was reshaped to be crooked. During my follow-ups he told me I need a chin implant and Botox? I said botox would be through my dermatologist, and he told me my doctor who has done wonders to my skin was no where near as good as him. He's awful!

Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Chiu is an excellent doctor. He is extremely detailed oriented and caring. I had surgery on my nose(nose job) and the entire process was completely painless. I could not believe it, he told me that I really wouldn't experience much pain but I was skeptical. I didn't take a single pain pill afterwards. There was also very little swelling and bruising. I felt very comfortable with him and would recommend him to anyone. Even the nurses at the hospital were raving about him and the quality of his work the morning of my surgery. If you are thinking of getting any work done that he does...do not hesitate to use him. You will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Chiu and Sara are phenomenal! I had an excellent rhinoplasty experience, from Dr. Chiu and Sara to all of the staff at St. Clair Hospital. I am 110% ecstatic about my results and all of my family and friends agree! I was brought to tears of how pleased I was. I had an easy and quick recovery, absolutely no bruising and minimal swelling - I felt like myself again the next morning after surgery. (you still need to lay low for a few days even though you are feeling great!) I highly recommend Dr. Chiu to anyone considering rhinoplasty. You will feel comfortable from the moment you walk in the door for your consultation and be assured that you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

I had a mini face lift and could not be happier. From the first time I met Dr. Chiu, I knew he would be the surgeon I would trust to work on my face. He thoroughly explained the procedure and answered all questions. Not only was he knowledgeable, I could sense his passion about the work he does. Sara handled all of the paperwork and pre-surgery communication. All of the information presented to me was detailed and did not leave any question unanswered. I expressed some concern about the anesthesia, and Dr. Chiu had the anesthesiologist contact me to discuss my concerns. After the conversation, I had no concerns. I actually went into surgery excited and not scared. I knew I was in the best possible hands. After surgery, there was minimal bruising. I could not believe it. I was pleasantly surprised to see how good I looked and how quickly I healed. I believe it is all related to the meticulous work of Dr. Chiu. The experience was positive in every way. I would do it all again.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

An absolute EXPERT at what he does! Had neck lift and upper eyelid lift. Only one complaint ... and this may apply to other Doctors, as well: Having patient wear full make-up AFTER the procedure/s for photographing purposes. I would much rather have looked at REAL before and after photos of others who had had similiar surgeries, in order to have a REAL perspective on what to expect at certain time intervals during recovery. Personally, I did want to pile on make-up during my own healing time for the sole purpose of looking better in the photos. I truly believe that patients would greatly appreciate seeing the real process of healing (looking at other's photos without the make-up)and could better understand the time it takes to get from the point of "just had the surgery" ... to ... X amount of weeks AFTER the surgery. Let's face it, in the real world, we don't wake up in full make-up, nor do we feel that comfortable piling it on to skin that is still in the process of healing.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

I have been going to dr Chiu for a year now and at 46 I feel better about myself than ever!! I had my lips done, filler and Botox . All done with perfection!! I have suffered with a deviated septum and not being able to breath for years. Was just afraid to ever have it fixed . Dr Chiu changed all that and since I've never really loved my nose I decided to have that changed too. I'm writing this the day after my surgery . Want everyone to know in the hands of the right doctor there is nothing to fear! Dr Chiu is a genius! I have no bruising and no pain. One visit to his office and you instantly feel comfortable !! Dr Chiu is the best!!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

Dr. Robert J. Chiu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 2000)