Ratings for Dr. Paul W. Van Berkel

I tried this Chiropractor based on the numerous positive reviews on many websites. What a mistake. They sounded too good to be true and they were. He has no in depth knowledge of Chiropractic at all. He sounded more like a salesman. I went to another Chiropractor in town. He said that "Dr. Paul" had bought someone else's practice and patient list. That is how he "built his practice." Then he goes around town acting like he built a practice up with patients. What a joke! He bought it. As for all of these glowing reviews. My son tells me that this Chiropractor Dr. Paul as he calls himself, probably pays for the positive review postings or has friends post them. What a shallow phoney. Skip this one and don't waste your money like I did.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I find Dr. van Berkel to be very professional and knowledgeable. He LISTENS to your presenting symptoms and formulates his care plan specifically to you. He offers suggestions as to what exercises could be done at home that would be beneficial to your specific issues. He is a teacher, willing to tell/show what and where your symptoms may be arising from in your body. He does NOT do aggressive treatments, always concerned about not causing more discomfort. In no way, shape or form has he EVER recommended a referral to one of the other providers in his office. He tries to meet your schedule. His office receptionist is very kind. He is pleasant and caring. I would certainly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. van Berkel and chiropractic care has been great for me. After three other doctors and continued shoulder pain, I have finally found the answers and solution to my problems. Dr. van Berkel is the only doctor who has looked for my years of shoulder pain by looking toward the spine.. I had never been adjusted, but this made all the difference for me. He has also taught me home rotator cuff exercises and cervical spine rehab that I now have done for about 5 weeks. Thank you Dr. van Berkel!! Great clinic... great doc.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I went to this Chiropractor for my Neck pains which I have had for many years. This Dr Van Berkel was short and very gruff with me. I found him to be unprofessional. I tried to explain to him the background of my neck injury but he just did not pay attention to anything that I said. He seemed more focused on scheduling me for "additional treatment." I was also referred to a "holistic Doctor" who share the office space, and then a Pilates instructor. Each of them said I need their treatment and sought to schedule me for multiple treatments. I felt like I was being scammed.

Submitted November 21, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Paul Van Berkel, DOC, of Agave Chiropractic in Phoenix AZ, who has been treating me for over 20 years for a scoliosis (spinal curvature) which I’ve had since childhood. I’m extremely happy with Dr. Paul’s services and always cheerful attitude. He is a very warm and caring person and seems truly interested in what's happening with my life and my family. He's always been very helpful to me with great advice on many subjects. I am very troubled about the person that wrote those 2 very bad and untruthful reviews about Dr. Paul. Yes, I'm sure they are both written by the same person who obviously has never met or seen Dr Paul, who this person says was like a car salesman pushing him (or her) into multiple visits for the money. Dr Paul is one of the most honest persons I've known. Also, he has never mentioned Pilates to me EVER. I know he doesn't offer it in his practice and he's never talked about any additional services that he offers. I'm not not aware of any. And I doubt that any of the other My scoliosis could cause much pain, were it not for Dr Paul's expertise and knowledge. And, as a resultl, my spine is in great shape & most of the time I feel quite comfortable. I have never heard him mention anything about Pilates either. If someone is in need of a good chiropractor, you couldn't find a better one than Dr. Paul!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I have been a going to see Doctor Paul at Agave Chiropractic for almost 3 years now. I was in several car accidents in my youth and need frequent adjustments to manage (and prevent) pain. Doctor Paul has always been excellent and I feel like family there. The environment is warm, welcoming and very positive! No sales pitches or gimmicks which is huge for me. Just open honest advice and quality patient care. Doctor Paul has helped with advice on what kind of mattress to buy, type and grade of pillow to use, as well as techniques to use at home to reduce pain and improve healing. I really feel like I have a friend more than a doctor and I wish all health care providers could be as excellent and committed to their patients! Thank you Doctor Paul!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Firstly, I would like to point out that the negative reviews on this site appear to be from one person and definitely a person that has set out to discredit Dr. Van Berkel's reputation and his practice. Secondly, I have known Dr. Paul since 2003 when I was referred to him by a friend and co-worker after I moved to the Phoenix area . I know Dr. Paul to be caring of his patients and knowledgeable of his skill as a chiropractor. I sought Dr. Paul's help initially as I had been without a chiropractor for nearly 2 years. I initially saw him once a week and now I see him for my "spring, summer, fall and winter tune-ups", or whenever I do something stupid to myself. I have never felt like he was rushing onto the next patient, in fact he would sit and talk about my family, my work or whatever I felt like and I always felt like my visits were relaxing and very helpful to my well-being. I would highly recommend Dr. Paul to anyone who is in need of a kind, gentle and caring Chiropractor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

It was easy to make an appointment for my only day off work (Saturday), all paperwork was done online, and the clinic was ready and expecting me on time. I am avid body builder and have used chiropractors for over 15 years to keep me painfree and injury free at the gym. Dr. Paul has great hands (no pun intended). He is able to provide me with exactly what I needed....a great treatment when I need it. His advice was spot on and appreciated as I tend to forget what I can be doing myself at home for my shoulder issues. Kind and compassionate with great chiropractic skills. Zero upselling or mention of other services available at the clinic. I'm thankful that there are still old fashioned chiropractors like Dr. Van Berkel.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I moved to this part of town 6 months ago and finally found my new chiropractor. In the last 6 months I have gone to several in the area, and either they tried to sell me on a life of treatment or their actual adjusting skills were rough. Dr..van Berkel has great adjusting skills which are difficult to find. His clinic is clean and spa-like. The business side of things is run on high morals and ethics.. I'm having a hard time believing any of these negative posts as they are completely the opposite of my experience. Finding a new doctor or dentist is not always easy when you move, and I couldn't be more happy with Agave Chiropractic..

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I initially chose Dr Paul for location and rating. I've chronic issues and sought chiropractic care intermittently thruout my life. He's been consistently helpful without the pressures alluded to in accompanying ratings. Are we referring to the same person here? I'm also pleased Agave Chiropractic offers associated services of massage and holistic medicine. It's much more than a one-stop clinic and I'm grateful to be associated.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr. Paul W. Van Berkel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Serving our community since 1996 at this Arcadia location. We have always maintained stability through one simple philosophy...treat our patients exactly the way we would want to be treated should the tables be turned.

• Drew University (Grad. 1994)
  • Palmer College of Chiropractic