Ratings for Dr. Sunila S. Walia

Dr. Walia is friendly, kind and very knowledgable. She puts you at ease, explains everything very clearly and gives you confidence that you are being well and expertly cared for. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2019

Dr Sunila Walia, MD has been and is our family’s dermatologist, superior to anyone we’ve previously known. Thorough, friendly, efficient, honest and professional nivetsally accessible; Dr. Walia is an Incomparable credit to her very competitive profession. She is a walking advertisement for the superior quality of American healthcare in and around the nation’s capital . Ron Dicksai

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr. Walia is the finest dermatologist I have visited. She found pre-cancerous moles on me that no other dermatologist had found. The moles were diagnosed as melanoma and because she discovered the moles at such an early stage, I was able to have a successful surgery. I will never leave the care of Dr. Walia and am so very thankful for her expertise in the field. She is thorough, thoughtful and extremely professional. I cannot recommend her more highly.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Dr. Walia has been my dermatologist for the past 10 years. She has excellent bedside manner and fully answers all my questions. I've given her 5 stars but my only negative comment is that I have always had at least a 30 minute wait beyond my appointment times. To be fair, I believe that she is the best in the practice and tends to be over-booked.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Sunny Walia for many years first for my total body skin examinations, where she she has found two melanomas, and now I still see her for skin checks but we also discuss anti-aging issues as well. She is extremely knowledgeable both in general medical and cosmetic dermatology. Although she has done a laser and cosmetic fellowship, I have never found her to be pushy or tries to sell me on anything cosmetic. She is extremely patient, has an excellent bedside manner and answers all my questions thoroughly and I never feel rushed in an appointment. My three children and parents see her see her as well and they all love her! We find her to be highly professional and a very caring physician. We highly recommend her. 5+++++

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Dr. Sunny Walia is an excellent dermatologist and laser surgeon. She has taken care of both my medical and cosmetic needs. Her bedside manner is excellent -- she takes the time to really explain her treatments and her follow up is superior. Thank you Dr. Walia.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr Walia and her assistant, Taylor, are both absolutely wonderful. I love going there and getting great advice and outstanding service. I have utilized their services for cosmetic, as well as strictly medical concerns. They really are the "best" in the the business, because they are skilled a the latest treatments, techniques, and medications. I rated them as a "5" on this website, but they really deserve a rating of 1000+, and I am a tough judge. Please know you are in very good hands when treated by Dr Walia.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr. Walia recently joined Dermatology Assoc of McLean, she is such a great addition. She has done a few laser treatments on me. My skin has never looked better. She and her assistant Taylor are such a great team together. I have even recommended my mother to see her. I look forward to her services for years to come.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Walia for some time. I have always had impeccable service. She always takes the time to answer questions and concerns. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

I get there early and when I go in she makes me wait an extra 20 minutes in her office for her. Finally, her assistant comes in and wipes my cheeks with one swipe using a wet tissue! Then when Walia finally comes in she tells me my treatment is different then what I expected. I told her I wanted my whole face lasered in the initial appointment. I go in and now she says she will only laser my cheeks and increases the pay from $350 to $600! On top of that she literally stayed in the office for 5 minutes before storming out saying talking about how finances made her uncomfortable! WHAT THE F!!! I just want to know my options. If anything I was the one uncomfortable. The laser machine was dusty with used napkins and open lotions bottles on it. The doctor herself was wearing a black mini skirt with fishnet leggings UNPROFESSIONAL! and her attitude and tone was anything but helpful. I HATE HER! She's disgusting and a poor excuse for a doctor Impatient, unhelpful, and inconsiderate!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

Dr. Sunila S. Walia's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 2001)

Ameritas