Ratings for Dr. Barry M. Hoffman

Dr Hoffman is one of the most caring best doctors; I have been going to him since the 1970s' and he was the one I trust with my life,both my husband and I feel very comfortable with him. He explains every thing to us as we are diabetic and he monitors carefully.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Barry Hoffman is the single best doctor I've ever been to. I was suffering from depression and migrating join pain. His first thought was to check my blood. He discovered that I had critically low vitamin D. Within a week of taking the vitamin D therapy, I was as good as new. I also has high blood pressure. He figured out that the high blood pressure was caused by my birth control. Instead of putting me on an expensive blood pressure medication, he put me on a $1.50/month water pill, and now my blood pressure is fine. He always clearly explains problems to me, always makes me feel comfortable, encourages me when I make positive steps with my health (like losing weight and eating better), and GENUINELY CARES ABOUT PEOPLE. Everyone in my family that lives nearby goes to him. Everyone that I've spoken to about him that knows him says what a great doctor he is. The staff at his office is mediocre, but Barry Hoffman is a DAMN GOOD DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

I have been in the emergency room several times for diabetes, heart failure and kidney failure-I went to see him to tell him that I couldn't breath or walk and he sent me home w/o even having a concern. I went to the ER and now I'm in Kidney failure, I even showed him my legs which were swollen, he even saw me last yr. and knew I went to the ER for the same thing! He obviously does not care or is not qualified to teach or serve patients any longer. Now my life is on the line. After all this, he prescribed me a nasal spray...If I survive and have the energy I'm going to get a medical lawyer. Please, please don't let this be you. Find someone who is updated on medical school and is genuine and compassionate, not just for the money.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Dr. Barry M. Hoffman's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1969)

• Medicare (General)