Ratings for Dr. Henry S. Rose

Went to Inova for broken ribs. I fell off my mountain bike, hit a tree, broke 2 ribs, and they were very slow to heal. I had x-rays and was told that a doctor would come see me in "5 minutes." An hour later, I was told by a nurse that I had cancer/metastatic disease. After seeing many doctors and spending a lot of money on tests and appointments, and naturally suffering emotionally (so did my wife) the oncologist told me that I definitely did not have cancer. The x-rays clearly showed broken ribs. I was told by him, and other physicians, that no one competent could look at the x-rays and come to the conclusion that it showed anything but broken ribs. Yet somehow Dr. Henry Rose did. I also discovered that Rose was never actually in the building. He wasn't coming to see me in 5 minutes. They lied. They sent the x-rays to him remotely and he phoned or emailed his "expert analysis." Maybe he was at the beach getting drunk? I complained to Inova and they ignored me for a long time before saying that they'd done nothing wrong. They also expressed no concern or sympathy. I've never encountered such cold, callous human beings in my life. I consulted with a lawyer, who said this was clearly malpractice, but not worth pursuing because it would cost a few hundred thousand to prosecute. Sadly, I was told, this is not uncommon. Equally sadly, there isn't room here to list all the unethical, unprofessional and incompetent things that happened that day. Fell off my mountain bike, hit a tree, broke 2 ribs. Dr. Rose said I had cancer. After seeing many doctors and spending a lot of money on tests/appointments, the oncologist told me that I definitely did not have cancer. The x-rays clearly showed broken ribs. Was told by him and other physicians that no one competent could look at the x-rays and see anything but broken ribs. Yet somehow Dr. Henry Rose did. My lawyer has concluded that this is quite obviously malpractice.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Henry S. Rose's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1975)

UnitedHealthcare