Ratings for Dr. Paul C. Mcafee

11 years ago Dr. Paul McAfee did a L4 5 S1 spinal fusion on my back my left leg was totally numb and I could not walk. After the surgery and therapy I was able to walk and do everything like normal again. He is the most competent and wonderful orthopedic surgeon. He was highly recommended by multiple physician that I work with. Thank you Dr Mcafee for giving me back my life.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Excellent surgeon you will not be disappointed! The post op after the surgery let me know I was in good hands with a highly skilled Orthopedic surgeon and I did not make a wrong choice! Not just school trained a really gifted surgeon no one can compare!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

The first surgeon wanted to do a four level cervical fusion. Dr. McAfee said this was way too aggressive for my age (40) and symptoms (slight tingling in my left pointer finger). He did two fusions. C3-C4 and C5-C6. I was off of pain meds in three days after my two day hospital stay and after 1.5 weeks now, I feel as if I had no surgery at all! I feel amazing! My speedy recovery may be an exception, but his skill and that of his team cannot be underestimated. Please concider this doctor FIRST if you need spine work done! Simply amazing and gifted!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

This neuro/orthopaedic surgeon did for me what two others could not do. The second Dr. I saw actually caused me to retreat to a wheel chair. Dr. McAfee had me up and walking 2 days after his first surgery on me. Three more were required to repair the damage done to me. He is very professional but a bit too straight laced. However he sees so many patients and trains other doctors in his techniques that he does not have a lot of time to chat. I will never allow another doctor to operate on my spine but him. He is able to explain to you in terms you understand exactly what is happening to you and how he is going to correct it. He told me I was a high risk patient but my trust in him and his staff allowed me to relax and let him do his job. I tell anyone I know that has a back problem to not give up and to seek him out immediately. He is the top of my list for fantastic doctors.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Paul C. Mcafee's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1978)

• Blue Cross Of California