Dr. David B. Adams

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David B. Adams

Like many, I had past disappointments with mental health care delivery. I read up on credentials, and it is like searching for anything, you have to know what you want and what you learn to expect. This was the perfect choice for me.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I went through three other psychologists before I found Dr. Adams. What is so great about him is that he doesn't just tell you what you want to hear. He is always kind, but can be stern when the situation calls for it. He is incredibly intelligent and that comes through in his advice and counsel. He never condescends or seems impatient, nor does he pretend to have first hand understanding of every situation. What has helped me the most is Dr. Adams' ability to help me focus my frustrations so that I can verbalize them to my partner more clearly and concisely. I am so glad to have Dr. Adams in my corner and highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I had certain criteria. I wanted a no nonsense man in who I could trust and believe. I wanted resolution, not "techniques". I knew there were many underlying problems coming from my past. He is extremely sharp and very direct. I wanted that.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Past patient (two years ago). Help was invaluable and has made me what I am today. A great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

It is the care that I needed, my wife felt so, and I was a hard sell since I felt that over time I could solve my own problems. Wrong. No way out of the weeds for me. I appreciate the depth of dealing with my problems. Good man, really good.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Adams for almost a year, and I believe full heartedly that he is the best therapist I have ever gone to in all my years of therapy. He is patient, understanding, and a wonderful listener. He knows how to meet you where you are in your journey to healing and help you get to where you want to be. His "bedside manner" is relaxed, and I know I can trust him with anything that has been troubling me. I feel I have made more progress in this year than I have in the past 15 years with 5+ other therapists. I highly recommend him to anyone who's looking for a therapist.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr. Adams is very clinical and exacting. He handles and maintains all of the information that I give him. I found the diagnostic process very educational. Like others noted, he is very busy but makes himself available to me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Doctor and nurse were great. Office is on "pill hill" and very easy to access. They handle insurance with precision. Very highly recommended if you think your problems are complex.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I was able to tell him things about which I was humiliated. I had never been able to tell any psychologist these things in the past. He immediately grasped what I was saying and its implications. He unraveled what I had spent years trying to fix. For the first time, I am relaxed and can move forward.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

My search criteria paid off. I needed and wanted someone who is very well informed and has a broad knowledge base. I did not seek hand holding or a warm fuzzy environment, I wanted someone very clinical and precise. He came very highly related, and I know that I made the right choice.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. David B. Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Fellow, American Psychological Association Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice) Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management

• English

• University of Cincinnati
  • Xavier University
  • University of Alabama

• Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology

• Adams, D. B. (1997) Recovery from orthopaedic trauma: psychodynamics and psychopathology - conclusions & recommendations. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 32, 2, 13-16.
  • Adams, D. B. and Wasserburger, L. B. (1997) Psychologic factors affecting soft tissue injury: psychodynamics, psychopathology, and impact upon recovery. In Windsor and Lox (Eds) Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus.

Commercial Insurance Company