Ratings for Dr. David B. Adams

I was terribly depressed after learning of my wife's affair. I felt numb, trapped and without a path for my life. I found Dr. Adams through my primary care physician who regularly refers to him. The man is an awesomely skilled, learned and precise doctor without who I do not know if I could have ever mobilized. Although this crisis was rapidly resolved, I continue to see Dr. Adams every 4-6 months just to keep my life on track. I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I have had a developing sexual problem called anorgasmia. I needed help in understanding why this had occurred, how it could be changed and to learn not to feel shame and guilt. I was recommended to Dr. Adams by a friend who had similar problems. He is very well-informed, knowledgeable and patient. Treatment has been a wonderful success, and I am deeply appreciative. He could not be more highly recommended.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Was on anti-depressants for years without improvement. My internist sent me to Dr. Adams. His depth of understanding and immediate grasp of what was complicating my life. Brilliant insight and a kind and exploring approach. I improved a lot and very fast. I am a better wife, better mother and better worker. I am forever indebted. Thank you so very much.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

My neurosurgeon sent me to Dr. Adams because of my chronic back pain. Dr. Adams treated me for depression and pain management after two back surgeries. He is very, very bright, retains an amazing amount of information. I made rapid progress. He is calm, polite, respectful and sincere. I never doubted that he cared about me. He appears to be booked many months in advance, so I was fortunate to get to see him.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Absolute best, excellent credentials, uniquely skilled, wonderful office and staff.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr. David B. Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Fellow, American Psychological Association Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice) Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management

• English

• University of Cincinnati
  • Xavier University
  • University of Alabama

• Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology

• Adams, D. B. (1997) Recovery from orthopaedic trauma: psychodynamics and psychopathology - conclusions & recommendations. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 32, 2, 13-16.
  • Adams, D. B. and Wasserburger, L. B. (1997) Psychologic factors affecting soft tissue injury: psychodynamics, psychopathology, and impact upon recovery. In Windsor and Lox (Eds) Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus.

Tufts