Ratings for Dr. David B. Adams

Dr. Adams is very clinical and exacting. He handles and maintains all of the information that I give him. I found the diagnostic process very educational. Like others noted, he is very busy but makes himself available to me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Doctor and nurse were great. Office is on "pill hill" and very easy to access. They handle insurance with precision. Very highly recommended if you think your problems are complex.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I was able to tell him things about which I was humiliated. I had never been able to tell any psychologist these things in the past. He immediately grasped what I was saying and its implications. He unraveled what I had spent years trying to fix. For the first time, I am relaxed and can move forward.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

My search criteria paid off. I needed and wanted someone who is very well informed and has a broad knowledge base. I did not seek hand holding or a warm fuzzy environment, I wanted someone very clinical and precise. He came very highly related, and I know that I made the right choice.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Excellent. Seen for marital/sexual problems and depression. He was extremely up to date. My husband was seeing someone, and I wanted to have my own psychotherapist. Impressed and appreciative. Great experience and very helpful.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Was very fortunate to see him; very busy and excellent. My problem was depression and a sense of being a failure. There was an underlying problem that no one had recognized and was rapidly addressed. I am forever indebted to Dr. Adams. Great experience.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Is selective about the type of patient he sees, but I was fortunate enough to get in, really benefited. My husband and I were seeing a counselor, not making progress, being given assignments. We did not want cookbook approaches. We wanted depth and intensity. That may not be for everyone. This practice was perfect for us, and we are finally on the right track with the right doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

My criteria was for a male, board certified doctor, great education, centrally located in an upscale office. I searched Google plus and Rate MD as well as health grades. I could not be more pleased with finding Dr. Adams. He is very focused and very invested.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Uniquely competent and skilled, and the physical setting is really beautiful. It is convenient for me since the hospitals are there, MARTA is there and parking is no problem. The intake process is very professional with diagnostic testing, thorough history, and there is a cafe downstairs where my family waited. He screens patients to determine if he can help them before they schedule the first appointment. I could not be more pleased.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I am 38 years old and had tried psychological care on three different occasions. But no one could tell me anything I didn't already know or help me stop making the same relationship mistakes over and over. Dr. Adams got to the heart of my problem on the first visit - it felt like he could see through me and knew what I needed to change. My life is so much better now and he told me it was time to make my own way. I still see him for bumps in the road or unexpected problems. I know he is there for me when I need him..

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. David B. Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Fellow, American Psychological Association Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice) Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management

• English

• University of Cincinnati
  • Xavier University
  • University of Alabama

• Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology

• Adams, D. B. (1997) Recovery from orthopaedic trauma: psychodynamics and psychopathology - conclusions & recommendations. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 32, 2, 13-16.
  • Adams, D. B. and Wasserburger, L. B. (1997) Psychologic factors affecting soft tissue injury: psychodynamics, psychopathology, and impact upon recovery. In Windsor and Lox (Eds) Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus.

AHC