Dr. David B. Adams

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David B. Adams

Dr. Adams is truly the best psychologist I’m So glad my friends recommended him

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

This is a very busy doctor, but I got myself on a waiting list because he is the one I felt could help me. He is awesomely skilled, very polite and respectful, a deeply caring man with a remarkable memory. He sees me at the appointment time, recalls all of my information, and he sees with depth into the cause and solution to where I have put myself.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2019

I do not know where I would be without him. He is beyond excellent.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

Dr Adams is the man. He has been so helpful to me over the past year plus. I spent a lot of time researching who would be the best person to see on a regular basis to work through some of the things I had been going through. His guidance has really helped me in multiple aspects of my life including my personal and work life. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great psychologist! His staff is great as well. Easy to deal with, helpful and always available. So glad I made the choice to go with Dr Adams!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2019

With Dr. Adams help, I was able to see how family, events and my own faulty thinking created a life that just did not, and would not, work. I saw him monthly for four months and now see him twice a year. The setting is definitely upscale, and his approach is very clinical and exacting. It seems melodramatic to say that he saved my life, but he did. It is now a life of great quality. I am forever appreciative.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2019

I cannot express how impactful Dr. Adams has been on my life in the last 6 months. I did a lot of research when finding a new psychologist and Dr. Adams is the best in his field! I suffer from generalized anxiety with depressive tendencies so if I could see him each week, I would. The outcomes of each session are so valuable. He is straight, to-the-point and always spot-on with his analysis. Also, he always remembers everything I have told him, even down to the names of people. He gives you a real sense of accomplishment as long as you're completely honest with him. This is very important - be honest from day one and you'll get all that you need from him. Remember, it always takes a few sessions with anyone to get acquainted. It was hard to "click" in the beginning, but now I honestly feel like he's a relative of mine; like that honest uncle who always has the best advice and never steers you wrong. I look forward to my continued progress with Dr. Adams!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2019

He really, really knows people and human behavior. He has a broad knowledge base not only of his field but of most other fields. I do not have to explain to him marketing, finance, Human Resources or religious differences. And he re-conceptualizes things for me so that I can more effectively solve these horrible problems that have plagued me for so many years. Simply, just great.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

He remembers all of my history. I mean all of it: names, places, people...the relationships among them and their impact upon me and me upon them. I do not need to summarize. I come into the office and he retains a full pallet of information and is ready to help me unravel it all. His nurse is excellent, warm, inviting and super helpful. I am always seen exactly on time; no waiting room delays.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

Very precise diagnosis of the underlying conflicts and comprehensive knowledge of the most targeted solution. He is awesomely attentive and focused. He sees through the defenses and excuses that I made for myself, my boss...my children. Depression has lifted, and anxiety is resolved. I am a very pleased former patient. Thanks doc; you are the greatest.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Psychoanalysis Spot on! Dr. Adams knows his stuff, and he can help you get your stuff together. I once knew a Psychologist who I thought of like a shot gun. He would listen, abstract away the details, and fire in a healing way. Dr. Adam’s is more like a rapid fire Gatling machine gun. He is fast, accurate, and clears things up in seconds flat. Psychiatric Medicine Dr. Adam’s is well versed in psychiatric medicine. He can tell you what medicines will help you, how they might affect you, and what the alternatives are. He can refer you to helpful Psychiatrists who will benefit you rather than treat you with their interest as the top priority in treatment. My personal Favorite: Weaponry Need to stand up for yourself? Dr. Adams can tell you how. Need to face your fears? Dr. Adams knows what can help you. Confused about all that? Dr Adams can clear things up for you. He can tell you how to shoot, what to shoot, and how to hit the target. But he can’t do it for you. You have to do the shooting: i.e. the work. Summation Dr. Adams is a highly educated, experienced, and talented PhD Psychologist, and he knows a lot about other areas of medicine out side of mental health. He simply is good at what he does. And to that statement I think he might say, “Yes I am”.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr. David B. Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Fellow, American Psychological Association Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice) Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management

• English

• University of Cincinnati
  • Xavier University
  • University of Alabama

• Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology

• Adams, D. B. (1997) Recovery from orthopaedic trauma: psychodynamics and psychopathology - conclusions & recommendations. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 32, 2, 13-16.
  • Adams, D. B. and Wasserburger, L. B. (1997) Psychologic factors affecting soft tissue injury: psychodynamics, psychopathology, and impact upon recovery. In Windsor and Lox (Eds) Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus.

UnitedHealthcare