Ratings for Dr. Erroll J. Bailey

I am a 66 year old retired U.S Navy officer and teacher. I was diagnosed with hereditary hemochromatosis about a year after I left the service and have had multiple joint surgeries both in and out of the service. In 1999 Dr. Erroll Bailey fused my right ankle. All of the cartilage in the joint had deteriorated and surgery was the only option. In 2000 I underwent total knee replacement of my right knee, 2003 total replacement of my left knee and 2006 revision total knee replacement again of my left knee. By January 2017 the subtalar region of my right foot had become so painful surgery was again the only option. Dr. Bailey proposed to remove the ankle fusion he did in 1999, replace my ankle joint with a new prosthetic device and perform a subtalar fusion all in one operation. After talking with multiple orthopedic surgeons both in Atlanta and in other cities I elected for Dr. Bailey to perform the surgery. I had received a strong recommendation from another well-known and accomplished surgeon specializing in foot and ankle surgery that he would not recommend the surgery proposed by Dr. Bailey. He would have performed a subtalar fusion and then, maybe, an ankle replacement a year later. I would have been laid up or left with no foot movement for at least 18 months under his plan. It was a risk but Dr. Bailey convinced me he was comfortable he could accomplish the surgery and return me to normal function after a 12 week recuperation period. On March 28, 2017 Dr. Bailey performed this surgery at Emory Midtown Hospital in Atlanta. The surgery took more than 6 hours and I left the hospital after one night. I am happy to say I am walking normally only 13 weeks after surgery. When my wife and I saw Dr. Bailey Friday June 23rd, he released me back to normal activities… driving, walking, exercising (no impact) and my favorite sport, golf. I told my wife, Susan, as we were driving away from that appointment I felt like I’d won the lottery. Throughout my relationship with Dr. Bailey I have always felt like he put my needs and wants ahead of everything else. I have always been an active person and Dr. Bailey took it on as his personal responsibility to ensure I was able to remain active. There were some challenges during my recovery, including a couple self-inflicted falls and a mild case of shingles, but throughout it all his staff and he have always put my interests first. As another surgeon I spoke with said, “If you want to have this kind of surgery done, there is only one person I’d recommend; Dr. Bailey.” I couldn’t recommend him any more strongly! Bob Seebeck

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Great doctor! Best foot and ankle doctor in Atlanta.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Great doctor. He is knowledgeable and listens. He is a problem solver and is willing to address a challenge. I am very impressed and looking forward to his working with me to make my problems with my feet better.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I waited for a half hour after my appt time in the waiting room, and then was escorted into the exam room, where I waited another half hour. When Dr. Bailey arrived, he was rude, condescending, and uncaring. This will be my last visit with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Dr. Erroll J. Bailey's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1984)