Ratings for Dr. Rajalaxmi Mckenna

Dr. McKenna is the most dedicated physician I have ever met in my life. As a medical student, I saw her take more time to analyze each and every one of her patients' cases than any other doctor. She is extremely knowledgable, and up to date on the latest research with a critical eye that discriminates between what is valuable and what is a fad. I truly look up to her. When I found out my closest friend's grandmother had cancer, I recommended her as that is the first person I would personally go to. Her family is extremely satisfied. When they originally went to UIC, the physician saw them for 5 minutes on their first visit after such a serious diagnosis. Since I believed in Dr. McKenna, I convinced them to switch and their first visit was over an hour and half long. This is not unique as Dr. McKenna spends hours on her patients in and out of the clinic. She pays attention to every detail, and none of her patients are experiencing severe side effects from chemotherapy as a result. Most patients are very comfortable during treatment usually talking, reading, or napping instead of experiencing severe nausea from receiving a careless dose of the drugs. Many of her patients do better than their given prognosis since her intelligence and passion make her outshine the average oncologist. She is a caring person who really wants to make a difference in people's lives. During my journey in becoming a doctor, I see her as a prime example of what a physician should be in both standards and care.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Dr McKenna is a brilliant physician with one of the best bed-side-manners I have ever encountered. She is meticulous in her evaluation of your condition and takes the time to know you as a human being. If you are looking for a 7 minute physician, Dr McKenna is not your doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Dr. McKenna saved my life. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer stage 4 in January and my world turned upside down. My first appointment with Dr. McKenna lasted for over an hour, I cried and she listened with her heart. I have a lot of experience with different doctors and I have never felt that connection as I did from that first moment with Dr. McKenna. I trust her completely and that is more then half the battle. The national average for an oncologist to spend with a patient is 7 minutes, can you imagine being diagnosed with something that is killing you and the doctor spending only 7 minutes with you. Dr. McKenna is not like that, she does not start looking at a clock when she feels it is time to end the appointment, the appointment ends when she feels that all your questions have been answered. So, if you have to wait for her then you wait, thats what you do if you want the best. Be assured that she will spend the time with you that you need. I am done with treatment and I am now cancer free and its because of her treatment plan. I went for chemotherapy in her office so I was there 2 to 3 days a week, I got see her work and its amazing all she does. I need to mention that her nurse Stephanie is one of the best nurses I have come in contact with. Dr. McKenna cares for each of her patients and does not rest. Her goal is to save your life as she has mine.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. McKenna is the only doctor that I know that spends as much time as needed for you to feel comfortable with your treatment and condition. I have dealt with many several other doctors during my course of cancer treatment and she is the best doctor I have found. She gives excellent care and compassion in her practice. During chemo days, she is with you constantly monitoring your condition; she adjusts your electrolytes, etc. with hydration on off weeks; she builds blood counts with shots constantly monitoring them with blood tests and makes adjustments with shots; and is more knowledgable than any other doctor keeping up with current prodocols and cancer research. When I was hospitalized, she was there every day to monitor me and actually was up half the night one night because of my condition with constant phone calls. I would recommend Dr. McKenna to anyone facing cancer treatments. You can't believe there is this level of treatment available.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013