Ratings for Dr. Kareem A. Hamdy

My wife saw him in 2009 for an intestinal blockage,which he did a great job surgically removing the blockage by resectioning her intestine.BUT-when a hernia appeared a few weeks later from the incision,he argued there was no hernia(although you could plainly see the baseball size lump sticking out on her abdomen.He accused her of wanting painpills(then wrote a prescription for Percocet which she didn't fill),then said the pain was all in her head,that nothing was wrong and said he would set her up an appointment with a psychiatrist if she'd like!!!It was all I could do to keep my composure and not hit him because my wife was in tears,being accused of just being mental.I could very easily tell she had a hernia,so I took her to her primary doctor,who was furious over Hamdy's idiocy on the matter and said yes she has a hernia.By the time we got it all straight,got a diagnosis of an incisional hernia and found another surgeon to take care of it,the hernia reached the entire width of her abdomen.She had surgery in Roanoke but the tissue was too damaged for the repair to hold and only lasted a few weeks.It is now inoperable and she is stuck with severe pain and a huge hernia for the rest of her life simply because he would not acknowledge she had one at the beginning or that ANYTHING was wrong but instead accused her of having mental issues.If I needed emergency surgery to survive and he was the surgeon on call,i would just go ahead and die before letting him touch me.If I could give a star with a minus sign before it I would.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

The Dr. and his staff are the nicest people I know. They went out of their way to give me the upmost care that they could. I could not have asked for better service. I also saw the same treatment for others, as well. I would highly recommend them to all my family and friends. Kudos to the best Dr. and staff I know!!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2013

I trust his judgment and his surgical skills from what I hear from other patients and my personal experience.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Dr. Hamdy was great. I had a colonoscopy in the office. He and his staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Appointment time was 9:00am, finally got into room @9:50, just so he could tell me that the results from my ultrasound was inflammation and to see a specialist, because he was a surgeon! Really?? You couldn't say that to me over the phone? When asked about the blood test results, that he requested i do, he had to exit the room and retrieve them? Only again to tell me to see a specialist. But on the way out of the room, he wants to tell me, recheck with me in 6 months? For????????

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013