Ratings for Dr. Roger Hartl

the worst surgeon in the city, surgery resulted in a paralyzed shoulder and bicep. Complete loss of sensation or feeling Absolutely ruined my life. Don't give credit to his website. his staff is thee worst ever. Foreign surgeons are a great risk and they come to NY and make a fortune.. These surgeons who leave the patient worse off should be held accountable. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

horrible doctor with even worse bedside manners. His office staff has no idea what he tells you and it takes months for them to be on the same page...just in time for him to forget what he recommended. Took 2 surgeries to fix his mess.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

Great Neurosurgeon.I had been in pain for over a year when I went for back surgery with Dr. Hartl. The next day I was pain free and have had no complications. Although I had to wait a while for my initial appointment, it was worth it. He did a fantastic job and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

totally satisfied by result of surgery, doctor,staff and hospital....suzanne k

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Although well credentialed and reputable and probably a decent surgeon for those he wants to treat surgically and those that can deal with his horrid office - staff and nurse leave little to be desired and do not provide the support needed for a doctor who spends more time away than in his practice. Instructed me for surgery, then changed his mind, calls without staff conveying questions/info to him so he still can answer questions when he does finally call, etc. When he does decide to do surgery his staff have no idea and can't schedule it, then he changes his mind to do the surgery but never conveys it to the patient....despite the patient sending ALL the pre-op paperwork clearance, etc. HE also is involved in far too many cases in NY courts...more info nycpatient dot com.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I went to see hiom at NY Hopsital which is "the best" (?) in NYC. His office was overcrowded and overbooked.I have severe pain and when I finally got to see him he spent about 3 minutes with me. Did NO texamine my neck or back. Tooka quick look at my MRI and said 'we can have another meeting" and wlaked out. WHAT? HYUH Did not state his opnion, did not inform me of his opinions. Sent a 2 page letter back to my general doctor which I only saw by accident stating "may be right for surery but should try conventional methods first". I had already tried those. he just didnt have the TIME to properly evaluate me. if you are going to have your SPINE cut open i would suggest finding a doctor who doesnt book his office with 3 minute patient visits for neurosurgery. he expected me to keep coming BacK TO THE OFFICE for multiple visits in severe pain when all could have been discussed in ONE visit as I had all my scans with me.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Dr Härtl is very friendly, an excelent human being and one of the best neurosurgeon in USA. He answered all my questions before and after my surgery. I live out of USA, but he is always available when I need his help.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

bad temper- no bedside manner- rude- not at all helpful- never smiles - unfriendly doesn't tell patient about risks from his operation- asked why patient couldn't walk after he operated on his spine -"I DON'T KNOW" was his reply over and over again- no explanation "THE OPERATIoN WAS A SUCCESS' quote dr. hartl brusquely !!!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011