Ratings for Dr. Amir D. Assili

Dr. Assili expertly helped me with an ulcer on my right big toe. It was a many month process with healing and then regeneration of the ulcer. Throughout, Dr. Assili provide what ended up to be absolute expert advice and treatment. All is well with the big toe. Dr. Assili is a dedicated doctor, advocates strongly for his patients, and offers straight communications with empathy and a wry sense of humor. ( my commentary) . Plus, although a wound specialist, he also trims toe nails - as he has done for my 92 yo Mom. Smart and compassionate. I highly recommend him to everyone with foot concerns.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I originally sought help from Dr. Assili due to a combination issue of chronic bone spur on my heel and a gross deformity on my right foot which was growing and becoming worse with age. As I am on my feet at work 12+ hours per day, I found I was no longer able to limp through the pain of either the bone spur on my heel or the shearing pain of the bones in my feet moving and separating from their intended position. At this point, I feel I must address the office and office staff as they are the backbone of the practice. Everyone in the office is extremely friendly and helpful, address the patients by name and seem genuinely concerned with any problems which arise. They are patient and caring, and have always helped in any way they can to assist patients with their issues. I was even seen in a semi-emergent status during a snowstorm! The office waiting room is quite clean and well maintained. I have never waited longer than about seven minutes to be taken into a room, and I am usually early. From the very first office visit and consultation, I was impressed with the professional demeanor and knowledge of the physician. He took the time to explain in detail the nature of my problems, the options for repair and healing and the expectations set forth as both patient and physician. After a trial of physical therapy, I was scheduled for surgery on my right foot. Despite the extensive repair of the deformity, there was only minor discomfort post-operatively. Although I was non-weight bearing on crutches and in a wheelchair for three months, I had no issues with any post-operative complications such as deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) or wound infection. Placed in a walking cast after a few weeks, I was able to move gingerly around on my heel. Frequent visits and X-rays proved, however, that the bones at one of the joints was not fusing (hardly a physician induced issue). Further therapy with a bone stimulator did the trick and the bones began to fuse together as they should. Due to my experience with Dr. Assili on my right foot, I chose him to correct my left foot which was not as severe, choosing to drive 500 miles round trip to see him as I moved out of the area. Again, minor pain after the procedure and lack of post-operative complications was the norm. At every office visit, and with all communication with Dr. Assili, he has been extremely patient and professional. Anyone needing a skilled podiatrist for wound care or surgical care to the feet cannot possibly go wrong choosing Dr. Amir Assili.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I can't begin to say enough postive things about this doctor. He saw my husband while he was an outpatient at Shady Grove Hospital Hyperbaric and Wound Care. At the time my husband, who is diabetic, was confined to a wheelchair because the pain he had following the amputation of his great toe (due to a bone infection) was excrutiating. The toe was simply cut off leaving exposed bone which never showed any sign of healing. We questioned this method and were told repeatedly that the wound could not be closed. After 7 months of twice daily wound care and periodic and extremely painful debreiding, there was no change in the wound, and certainly no sign that it would close. It was at this point that we saw Dr. Assili who immediately said the wound would not heal as it was and needed further surgery to close the wound. We went outside of our insurance network to do this. Dr. Assili worked with us in this regard and successfully performed the necessary surgery to close the wound. My husband was finally able to walk again with minimal discomfort and not the excrutiating pain that he had experienced for 7 long months. While it is still a work in progress and healing is slow, there has been significant improvement. I have no doubt that my husband would have lost his foot and/or his leg if not for this doctor. While no one can be sure what the future holds, I know his quality of life is better because of this amazing man. He is not just a good doctor but a good human being who truly cares about his patients. He is the perfect balance of compassion and expertise. We are truly blessed to have found this doctor. In addition, his office staff is first rate.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Compassionate, skillful and all around great physician. He did a revision of a failed implant in my wife's foot. She loved him and her surgery went very well. I would recommend him without reservation

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

exceptional!!! On time, detail oriented. Kind and well respected in the community

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Kind Understanding doctor with great bed side manner and staff. My husband had seen 3 podiatrist who recommended having his toe amputated. He felt most comfortable with Dr. Assili. He's very confident but far from egotistical and related to my husband. Very down to earth.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Great doc! One of the best! He took care of my daughter and my grand children. I wouldn't trust anyone else. The practice as a whole is exceptional.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Phenominal. Spent lots of time with me. Used plain english. e-mailed me my x-rays. Responded to my questions by e-mail. Went above and beyond in offering advice after the appointment. He really cares about his patients. Excellent superb. Quite a special individual. You really don't find many Dr.s that care this much any more. He is a great.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr Assili is the best doctor a person could ask for iam a very complicaited and high risk patient, however dau or night when needed the Dr. And staff always went above the call off duty thank you all...

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Dr. Assili explained some very important things to me concerning calcium and it's effects. He has a great sense of humor and I can say I enjoyed this doctors visit! Robert Beltowski

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Dr. Amir D. Assili's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Gaithersburg, MD