Ratings for Dr. Edmund A. West

WORST experience I've ever had with a doctor. I explained my mucus had turned dark yellow and that I believed I'd had a sinus infection. He said that wasn't possible because I had been sick less than a week. I told him I have a deviated septum, making it easy for me to get a sinus infection. Then he basically interrogated me about my medical history, as though he was waiting for me to contradict myself when he asked the same questions again. I sat there with a high fever, on 2 days of poor sleep, unable to breathe, feeling like my eyes were being pushed out from inside my head, while he pushed for answers on whether my previous sinus infections had been on the left side or the right! He said the side where my septum is deviated should be the only one where I have a problem, and I had to explain that my ear/nose/throat Dr had said the other side's turbinates grow to make that side smaller as well. With that, he wrote a prescription without even saying what it was, & walked out! AWFUL.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

Dr West has repeatedly told me my symptoms dont add up so therefor its psychological.But the first time when my bloodwork came back with a health issue he never apologized. I gave him another chance and same diagnosis. He yells, he berates and you leave very ill with no help and tears in your eyes.Then have to go pay someone else to find out what is really wrong. Avoid him!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

The office staff are generally helpful and polite. The nurses seem a little distracted and did not listen to me when I told them I absolutely had to lie down when blood was taken, tried to take blood anyway and I nearly passed out, but they learned their lesson on that regard. Dr. West is my absolutely favorite doctor and is always punctual and polite. He is a little rough around the edges but it is generally just his odd sense of humor. If you are offended by him, he might just be trying to make a poor joke or is being sarcastic or teasing and doesn't mean anything by it. He does not coddle anyone and is always right to the point, but he listens to me, makes judgments based on what I say and answers questions directly. You will either love him or hate him, so just give him a chance and make your decision based on your own encounter. I adore this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I was impressed by Dr. Timmerman and the office staff, however, Dr. West's bedside manner was a huge disappointment. I told Dr. West that I was not allowed to have amoxicillin because of a celcor allergy. He explained to me that the two medications have nothing to do with one another. I explained to him that the pharmacist would not allow me to take it because amoxicillin has a component of celcor. He then told me "When you open your mouth and don't know what you are talking about you look like a fool...I am the doctor and you are not". Well, he berated me some more and I almost left in tears. Well, I immediately did the research and I was correct (people with celcor allergies cannot have amoxcillin). This doctor is so arrogant and demeaning that he is willing the risk the health of a patient, to make a point and prove he is right, instead of looking up the information. I guess I wasn't the fool. I would rather take my business to North Stonington.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

Worst doctor ever. Shrugs off most illnesses and when we had to call 911 for my ill parent (he's my father's doctor), I called his office and asked him to call us back because we feared my father was dying - he never called. AVOID. My father is in much better shape now with a new physician who cares about his patients - he has all new medication, etc.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Dr. Edmund A. West's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mystic, CT